The Ecstacy is supposed to be in Galveston today right?

I don't normally watch the Ecstacy but my neighbors son and DIL are boarding her today so I thought I would watch and I passed the link along to my neighbor as well but I do not see the Ecstacy there yet. Was fog an issue this morning or am I just totally confused? And the Ecstacy isn't even scheduled to be in in Galveston today? TIA

I am also leaving on Ecstacy today and was quite concerned when I checked the webcam and did not see her. I called Carnival and was told that the ship had engine propulsion problems and was due in around noon. I was also told the ship would definitely sail today, but they had no information about boarding times.

We were wondering where she was too so I thought I'd start a thread but Christine beat me to it. We are on the ball, good for you Christine. Proud of our CC friends!

Puggiemom, sorry we missed you on the roll call for this sail.

We were going to go to the Metropolis Bar around 1430 hours to see if anyone else from the roll call would join us but looks like we won't even be on board by then.

Oh well! It's gonna be a long day. I wonder if we will get some OBC.

Let's keep each other posted, if possible.

Boarding starts at 1600 and departure is at 1830 to 1900.

It was a mess at the pier when we got off the Conquest 4 hours late. There were endless lines of people waiting to board. At least, we found out in time thanks to webcam technology. When I spoke to Carnival just now, the gal thought it was great that I could see the ship actually docking.

If anyone is onboard reading this, what happened when the engine problem started did the ship stop or just slow down. How did it affect you? I wonder if this is likely to happen again on this sailing. Thanks for the info.

I will take a couple of hours for everyone to disembark so I doubt that it will be possible to get on board for several hours. When we came back on the Conquest about 3 months ago it was 4-5 hours late and the line in front of the terminal, for those waiting to embark, stretched the entire distance from the front door to the last area of the terminal--probably a 100 yards or more. It took them hours to finally get on the ship.

We will probably arrive around 5 since departure isn't scheduled until 6:30--7:00 PM. :)

Archived