NCL & Luggage Tags

zia100

Hello,

If this question has been asked, I appologise.

With NCL now requiring people to print out their own luggage tags, I'm concerned that the paper will tear when the porters are lugging the bags around. Isn't there a strong chance for luggage to be misplaced, lost, misdirected etc?

Or am I missing some important piece of information?

Based on my above concerns, I was contemplating just bringing my suitcases when I "check in". My DH & I plan to just have a suitcase each and a backpack (we could just drop them off at our room or even outside if its not ready yet). Would that be a problem?

Thanks for your time :)

First, print them out on heavyweight paper. Card type stock.

Second, if flying, do not attach them till you arrive in city of port.

Third, Attach them to your bags and wrap the tag with clear packing tape.

We did this with ours and it made them very sturdy and almost impossible to tear and all arrived at our cabins with tags in tact.

I received eDocs for my most recent cruise (3/8/08 Gem) but about a month before the cruise, I also received a mailing from NCL that included a cruise excursion booklet, a "Welcome Aboard" booklet, and real luggage tags. Or...

If you don't receive the above package, you can always wait until you reach the pier and get "real" tags from the porters. Fill them out on the spot and hand over your bags then.

i have been recommending people NOT print up the luggage, until about a week before the cruise. in case you do get them in the mail, with the packet.

in 06, we didn't get luggage tags, but our family...same cruise, same TA..did. in dec 07, 2 weeks before the cruise, we got the "packet" with real luggage tags.

if you don't want to print them up, just get some from the dock workers..our last one has them sticking out of every pocket. he was more then ready to supple to them to those that didn't have them.:D

Wow! Thank you so much for such prompt replies! I've always loved this site but my gosh, am I fan now!!

I actually booked the cruise about 3 weeks before sailing - Jewel 4/11 but the ncl website mentions that they don't send "hard copy" packets anymore.

Thank you for all of your suggestions, its been a great help.

I was just wondering - in case we choose to just carry the bags onboard if that'll be a problem? I honestly don't mind doing it. Plus I don't have to worry about "did my luggage get to my room?" etc. I've had times when one of my bags arrived 3 hours after the 1st one. This way, no fuss, no muss!

Thanks again! :)

Yes, you can carry most bags okay. Make sure you can drag them up any possible incline. When we did the Spirit in NYC, it was very steep. We managed, but yikes!

Somebody mentioned there is a size limit somewhere on the NCL site. I have seen many full size suitcases being carried aboard though. You should be able to drop off in cabin, and then leave - quickly.

Archived