Balcony Lights?

I've read where people have said their balcony lights did not work. Ours didn't on our first cruise either or so we thought. When we got on our second cruise we found the same thing. We asked our room steward and he told us they only work when we are in port. Sure enough the night we were in Cozumel they worked but went out as soon as the ship left port that night. For those that have had balconies in the past did your lights work when you were at sea? We've only sailed on the Triumph, but I was curious to see what others have experienced. Thanks :)

Thanks for the input everyone. This will be interesting to see on our next cruise. It's one of those silly things that we'll have to check out. The explanations given make alot of sense too. Our cabins are always midship and somewhere around the Empress decks.

On the Liberty in Jan. they worked all the time, day or night, sea or port.

I know this because our neighbor had his on almost all the time, even tho I never saw them out on the deck after the first day at sail away.

I finally called them up on the second to last day and asked if they could please shut them off if they were not going to be outside.

Maybe that was not nice of me, but it was very annoying sitting outside late at night and always having the light shining on us.

Ours didn't work period. But then again...we left port by 6 pm every night except for the 1st night (when we were at the bar) so we didn't need our light until we were absolutely at sea.

And personally, I didn't think it was a big deal. Open the drapes and turn on the stateroom lights. That provided plenty of light out on the balcony. **shrugs**

Archived