Sun this Sat. Sailing - Help with Shore Excursions please.

priscillabud

Hi - I have just been looking at the shore excursions for Roatan and Belize. We are an older couple traveling with another couple of our age. We really don't want to get into scuba, tubing etc. Belize - I was looking at the Belkin Beer Factory tour along with the city tour. Anyone been on that and can you give recommendation?

Calypso Train ride - but its only one hour. Is there some restaurants and shopping and in a safe area there so we can spend some more time doing that?

Roatan - looking at Roatan Sightseeing and Turquoise Bay - tour - Is there a restaurant at the Bay where we can just relax and have a drink?

personally, especially in belize, i feel some miss the history of this area. belize has some great, amazing mayan sites...we did the lamanai and the river safari (through NCL) and loved it. but it is a all day trip with walking over uneven ground.

when you tender into belize (no ships dock...to shallow over the reefs)

there is a "safe" area with shopping and restaurants. it's a good idea to have tours pre-planned for belize. i won't say it's unsafe, but there isn't a lot of see around the dock area. belize is a VERY poor country. if you go to the belize port of call boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

you can get an idea of some of the tours people take.

there are some local tour vendors who can do a more personal tour, especially if you have more then 2 people.

you're on my sailing! come check out our roll call, the meet and greet has over 50 people signed up (hopefully they'll all show up) but there plenty of room for more!

we're doing victor bodden in Roatan and Altun Ha in belize.

i've heard that Altun Ha may not be the very best in ruins, but the ride there is shorter and it is less walking involved.

we've chosen Victor Bodden for a quiet private tour that's relaxing, not strenuous. we're visiting the iguana farm, victor's house and the orphanage.

Roatan - looking at Roatan Sightseeing and Turquoise Bay - tour - Is there a restaurant at the Bay where we can just relax and have a drink?

I did this excursion. I like it. Click on the link at the bottom of my post and read my long review. I posted in detail my whole trip. I just got off the Sun March 22. Enjoy your cruise :D

Thanks for your help. I am leaning toward a Victor Bodden tour - my main objective is to see the beach, take a little tour and maybe go to the Half Moon Bay and get a couple of those lobster tails with the other couple we are traveling with.

Regarding the roll call - If we want to say hello to you guys - how do we look at the roll call and where will you be meeting. Have not dones this before.?

Also, re the tour - can we get off the pier and walk to the tour center to grab a victor bodden tour guide or do I have to go on the website and order the tour now. We are sailing this Saturday.

i would call victor and makes sure. around the docks there are some booths..but you loose time checking out the booths and trying to find someone to take you.

link to roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=582232

i should say, in roatan...as you walk out the secure area. you will get a LOT of people offering tours or taxi. it can get very confusing and LOUD. better to have plans before you get there..makes it easier to enjoy roatan.

Archived