Anniversary

KT32

My husband and I are thinking about booking the QM2 for our anniversary in May. Does Cunard do anything special for couples celebrating?

Its not a 'milestone' year, but we do enjoy celebrating!

My husband and I are thinking about booking the QM2 for our anniversary in May. Does Cunard do anything special for couples celebrating?

I know on QE2 the waiters sing to you "let me call you sweetheart" and you geta cake. I assume they will do something much the same on QM2 :)

Congratulations by the way

My husband and I will also be celebrating our anniversary during the May 22 NY-NY cruise. I just called Cunard and they said what they offer is a complimentary dessert and a door decoration. No mention of flowers or champagne. I accepted for the heck of it!

you have not lived until you have heard waiters and busboys from all corners of the globe - whose English is dicey at best - try to warble their way through "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." It is very dear of them, but the sound is like nothing you have ever heard. They also have the words terribly wrong, but who cares? It is very nice of them.

This happened several times each dinner on board the QM2.

Paul

you have not lived until you have heard waiters and busboys from all corners of the globe - whose English is dicey at best - try to warble their way through "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." It is very dear of them, but the sound is like nothing you have ever heard. They also have the words terribly wrong, but who cares? It is very nice of them.

Paul

We had them "serenade" us last July. It was cute. The cake was delicious.

Forgot to remind my T/A when I made final payment yesterday. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this July's cruise.:)

We are celebrating our Ruby wedding next year and so decided to do 40 nights of the Queen Marys world cruise I told the T/A and Cunards reply was we only celebrate this on Transatlantic not on world cruises.We were a little disapointed but it hasnt stopped us and wont spoil our day which will be in Hawaii

We are celebrating our Ruby wedding next year and so decided to do 40 nights of the Queen Marys world cruise I told the T/A and Cunards reply was we only celebrate this on Transatlantic not on world cruises.We were a little disapointed but it hasnt stopped us and wont spoil our day which will be in Hawaii

Just completed the Caribbean Connoisseurs Cruise (10 days) and got married in st thomas, i contacted cunard and when we boarded we had a bottle of champagne (not pol acker) flowers, chocolates, card from the capt, voucher for a official photograph....and guess what on the wedding day we got it all again :)

steve

Just celebrated my 25th on board QM2 yesterday. We got a cake the 1st night and another one yesterday on our anniversary BUT no singing or door decoration or anything else. However we are having a FABULOUS time here. Today we are on St Thomas and then heading back to NY. Oh well all good things must come to an end I guess.

QM2 is a wonderful place to celebrate your anniversary

Paul

Actually, it is a positive addition to their repetorie. They used to do a version of Happy Birthday (substitute "anniversary" for "birthday") that has deservedly passed into Cunard history.

Thanks for all your responses. A cake sounds lovely and if a bottle of champagne should appear it would be even lovelier!

I've just asked for the time off so I'm really hoping it will all work out. I think it would be a fabulous way to celebrate our 7th anniversary.

for our anniversary in May. Does Cunard do anything special for couples celebrating?

I had my folks onboard QE2 last October for a weekend party cruise. In the Mauretania we had superb table guests (thanks Emsomich!!) My folks had a lovely card delivered to the cabin with a bunch of flowers,l had a quiet word with the Maitre D who l knew from the previous year and he ensured a beautiful cake was delivered, and it was larger than the ones l had seen before,I didnt pay any corkage on the bubbly that l supplied, The waiters sang "Let me call you sweetheart" and Marius introduced himself, All in all it was a very memorable Ruby Annversary and my folks loved each and every minute of it!

I never imagined l would have my parents on the QE2 for a cruise and least of all for their Ruby Anniversary at that.

So yes go for it you have nothing to lose and you can dine out for years on the tales of the singing cakes !!!!

Cheers

Myles

Archived