Reporting back on 1 night Hyatt Place, near cruise port FLL

salami

My daughter and I stayed there for one night on 22 March. Convenient to walk to shops and restaurants (Publix is accessed through a car park) - beds very comfortable and large room size with huge tv. Room was quiet. First room given smelt of smoke so changed without a problem. Missed the inclusive continental breakfast (which I think was a lucky escape!) - plastic plates and saw what was left - not sure about the quality. There is a free shuttle to port and airport, but I believe they only have two buses so one has to wait for a bus and the line can be long. It is fine for one night pre cruise but wouldnt recommend it for any longer!If anyone wants any further info I am happy to give it!

My daughter and I stayed there for one night on 22 March. Convenient to walk to shops and restaurants (Publix is accessed through a car park) - beds very comfortable and large room size with huge tv. Room was quiet. First room given smelt of smoke so changed without a problem. Missed the inclusive continental breakfast (which I think was a lucky escape!) - plastic plates and saw what was left - not sure about the quality. There is a free shuttle to port and airport, but I believe they only have two buses so one has to wait for a bus and the line can be long. It is fine for one night pre cruise but wouldnt recommend it for any longer!If anyone wants any further info I am happy to give it!

Did the shuttle pick you up at the airport for free? Then free shuttle to the port? And finally, free shuttle from the port back to the airport?

We only took the shuttle from the hotel to the port of Fort Lauderdale. I overheard the receptionist saying that the other shuttle was collecting people from the airport to bring them to the hotel. I dont think there is a shuttle to collect you from the ship to the hotel, it would be a lot quicker to get a cab, there are loads of them waiting. We almost took a cab to the port as the shuttle was full but managed to squeeze us in! Would have meant waiting another half hour I think max. for the next one. Hope that answers your questions?

We had a car meet us at Miami on the Sat. afternoon and drive us to the hotel.

Thanks for the update, sounds like it will work for us. We get in around 7:00 pm the night before so just looking for a place to sleep and grap a few things in the morning before boarding. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, we reserved it for $90.00 back when it was Amerisuites and almost everything is higher then that now. Was there a sign-up for the shuttle to the port? I believe someone mentioned that it was only about a $10.00 cab ride. If cabs are right on site maybe I will just grap a cab.

Thanks for the update, sounds like it will work for us. We get in around 7:00 pm the night before so just looking for a place to sleep and grap a few things in the morning before boarding. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, we reserved it for $90.00 back when it was Amerisuites and almost everything is higher then that now. Was there a sign-up for the shuttle to the port? I believe someone mentioned that it was only about a $10.00 cab ride. If cabs are right on site maybe I will just grap a cab.

We were there in early February. There was no sign up for the shuttle. They told us the day before that it leaves at 11am and if we wanted to be first to be in the lobby at 10:30am.

Also had to use the courtesy phone when we arrived at the airport but they were there within 10-15 minutes.

Morning food was good enough to hold us over until we got on the ship. Rooms were very nice.

Bill

We were there in early February. There was no sign up for the shuttle. They told us the day before that it leaves at 11am and if we wanted to be first to be in the lobby at 10:30am.

Also had to use the courtesy phone when we arrived at the airport but they were there within 10-15 minutes.

Morning food was good enough to hold us over until we got on the ship. Rooms were very nice.

Bill

Was this for the shuttle to Port Everglades? I wonder how often a shuttle runs to the airport in the morning?

Was this for the shuttle to Port Everglades? I wonder how often a shuttle runs to the airport in the morning?

Yes it was for the shuttle to Port Everglades. Went right to the airport after the cruise so don't know how often the shuttle runs to the airport.

Bill

My mom, sister & 2 nieces also stayed on March 22 for one night. Room was very nice & staff very accomodating & prompt about extra requests such as pillows, towels, etc.

Not sure what "plastic plates" you saw, we ate off of square china plates & continental breakfast was comparable to anything I have had at a competing chain, and was fine till we had lunch on the Liberty. Plus you can't beat the convenience. Lots of chain restaurants & a mall within a couple of blocks, also drugstores for last minute cruise stuff. I would definitely recommend it.

Thanks, everybody, for these comments.

We are staying here for two nights and paying much more than people here have mentioned.

Could someone elaborate a bit on the quality/content of breakfast?

Thanks for any reply.

Thanks, everybody, for these comments.

We are staying here for two nights and paying much more than people here have mentioned.

Could someone elaborate a bit on the quality/content of breakfast?

Thanks for any reply.

I can't remember what was actually there. By the time I got down there they were putting syuff away. I grabbed a yogurt and a danish. It was pretty basic from what I can remember. Like continental breakfast with cereal, danish, bagels,juice, coffeee, toast, etc.

You can also save some money by booking the Hyatt Place here.

Hyatt Place reservations

Bill

My boyfriend and I stayed there last month for a night before our cruise. We had NO problem with the shuttle, and we took it from the airport and to the port the following morning. Call them when you get down to baggage claim and they'll send someone over. We waited 5-10 minutes. The next morning we just went down and the driver was on a run, but we waited maybe 10 minutes until he was back. It wasn't a problem at all. And it's free.

Our room was clean, nice and comfortable. Also, you can't beat the location. It's within walking distance of MANY restuarants, shops (my BF bought a few pairs of shorts) and a Publix, so no need to rent a car or get a cab. And it's close to the airport and port. If we leave out of FLL in the future, we'll definitely look to stay there again.

We love Hyatt Places for the most comfortable beds we have ever slept on. (Firm yet plush, great bedding!)

We too booked this hotel prior to it's final conversion from Amerisuites to Hyatt Place and using points got it for $0...a first for me!

Pickup from airport was easy, I took the phone # with me and called from my cell after picking up our luggage. We left for the port around 1pm, asking for a late checkout. I wasn't in a rush to get to the ship and I missed any passenger rush from the hotel, we were the only family on the shuttle and it took us directly to the ship.

I believe they will also pick you up AT the port which would be a big bonus to us. The taxi line was long and it had begun to rain and people loose their manners in a desperation to snag a taxi.

Location to Publix as previously stated was perfect, liquor store and food also close by. Don't cross the busy street...everything is on the same side of the street as the hotel.

Archived