shrimp in spicey sauce

MQU

Does anyone have the recipe for the shrimp in the spicey sauce? It was sooo good and we would like to try making some. I kick myself for no purchasing the cookbook. I quess We'll just have to book another cruise so I can purchase the cookbook. We found them in horizon court late afternoon and stuffed ourselves sitting on the balcony along with a cold beer. They also served them at dinner. Thanks, Mary

Does anyone have the recipe for the shrimp in the spicey sauce? It was sooo good and we would like to try making some. I kick myself for no purchasing the cookbook. I quess We'll just have to book another cruise so I can purchase the cookbook. We found them in horizon court late afternoon and stuffed ourselves sitting on the balcony along with a cold beer. They also served them at dinner. Thanks, Mary

You can get the book from www.amazon.com unless you just really WANT to go on another cruise. Although I don't knw why you would....lol

well, i can't post it here because the attachment is too large. If you want to give me your email, I can email it to you!

First time sailer,my e mail address is mlowell@securespeed.us Thank you for taking the time to get this for me. I hope you have many more great cruises.

Mary

Hello First Time Sailor!

Our email address is: jtalarico@cox.net

Could you please send us the recipe also?

We were just on the Dawn and on Italian Night the shrimp dish

was served in the buffet. My husband went crazy for it!

Thank you so much for the recipe. We are sailing on the Crown

May 5,2008....transatlantic and hope they serve it then.

Joanne and Jul from Arizona:)

Hello First Time Sailor!

Our email address is: jtalarico@cox.net

Could you please send us the recipe also?

We were just on the Dawn and on Italian Night the shrimp dish

was served in the buffet. My husband went crazy for it!

Thank you so much for the recipe. We are sailing on the Crown

May 5,2008....transatlantic and hope they serve it then.

Joanne and Jul from Arizona:)

Sent today!

Fiery Tomato Sauce:

4lbs Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped

¼ cup olive oil

2 cups onion, small dice

10 cloves fresh garlic, chopped

¼ cup fresh chiles chopped

1 teaspoon sugar

¼ cup fresh basil, chopped

¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped

2 teaspoons red chilli flakes

Salt and pepper

1 teaspoon butter, cold

Peel tomoatoes by cutting a small X in the end of the tomato. Place the tomoates in boiling water for approx 20 seconds. Remove from boiling water and place into ice water to stop them from cooking. The peel can then be pulled off with your hands. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove and discard the seeds and the stem end and chop. (canned roma tomatoes may be substituted)

Heat the olive oil in a heavy stock pot. Saute the onions and the garlic until translucent. Add the chiles and sauté for 2 minutes. Increase the heat and add the chopped tomatoes and the sugar. Stir the tomatoes often to allow for evaporation and prevent burning, approx 10 minutes. Add the fresh herbs and dried chilli and season with the salt and pepper. Cook 3 more minutes, stir in the cold butter and serve immediately.

36 Jumbo Tiger Prawns

1/3 cup brandy

Olive oil for frying

Salt and pepper

3 cups fiery tomato sauce (see above)

2 green peppers

2 yellow peppers

2 zucchini, thick slice

36 white asparagus spears, trimmed

2 heads radicchio, quartered

¼ cup olive oil

2 teaspoons chopped garlic

1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped

1 teaspoon fresh marjoram, chopped

Salt and pepper

Rice:

1 tablespoon butter

1 cup pearl rice

¼ cup onion, chopped

2 ½ cups water, chicken, or fish stock

½ bay leaf

Salt and pepper

Fresh Italian parsley

Split the tail of the prawns to remove the mud vein. The prawns can be served shell on or off.

Clean the bell peppers and cut into large strips. Combine all of the vegetables with the olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss the vegetables to coat evenly and marinate for 30 minutes.

Brush the prawns with a little oil and season. Heat a sauté pan and gently sauté the prawns 4-6 minutes. Just before the prawns are finished, add the brandy and reduce. The brandy may be flamed, but only if the prawns have been peeled, otherwise the shells will burn. Add a couple of spoons of the tomato sauce to the prawns and toss to coat lightly.

Preheat the grill, broiler, or use a heavy bottomed pan on the stove top for the vegetables. They will take approx 6 minutes to cook and will char a little which is desired.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Saute the onion until soft. Add the rice and sauté for 3 or 4 minutes. Add the bay leaf and water or stock. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for approx 15 minutes. The rice should be soft and moist when cooked. Remove the bay leaf and adjust the seasoning before serving.

Arrange the prawns and vegetables around the rice and serve with a generous portion of the fiery tomato sauce.

Credit: A Culinary Journey by Princess Cruises

Archived