How Worried Should I Be????

Have you seen this thread?

[IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/icons/icon13.gif[/IMG] [B]A 19 year old HAS to be directly across the hall from adults now?[/B]
I just tried to book my Alaska cruise, and was told my 19 year old HAS to be directly across the hall from me, or in a cabin next door.

Is this true? He refused to book a cabin 4 cabins down from me...

He said this was implemented 1 week ago, and they are very strict on this.

Ask RCCL about this new policy that they are breaking by putting your small children down the hall from you.

Ann

So, after giving C&A almost 24 hours to respond (and I think you can see, something as simple as an email response- we are looking into this vs autoresponse would have shut me up for a while) I emailed the Big A..... Adam, that is. That was about 3 hours ago....

Nothing....Nuthin'....no thing.....

Clearly we are the invisible family. Maybe they think I'm some kind of stalker LOL

[quote name='luvbrady']So, after giving C&A almost 24 hours to respond (and I think you can see, something as simple as an email response- we are looking into this vs autoresponse would have shut me up for a while) I emailed the Big A..... Adam, that is. That was about 3 hours ago....

Nothing....Nuthin'....no thing.....

Clearly we are the invisible family.[/quote]

You will be notified, but probably by phone. That's how they responded to me when I emailed the "Big A" :)

SO.... I finally make it home to a message. Of course, it was left while I had the kids are karate. As would be expected. It was very apologetic in nature, both for the delayed response and overall experience and 'misunderstanding'. She said someone from executive bookings or something would be calling back no later than Monday, and, if not, left her direct line. They are busy bees. aren't they!

I expect I will be called tomorrow. Which is good, because I don't work on Fridays and will be puttering and cleaning. I am optimistic if anyone understands the concept of exceeding expectations it is the OTP.

I used to work with a group representing the OTP (office of the president) in a money management firm. Rest assured complaints and concerns went know where near him! They had a couple of highly networked reps that represented his office and knew how to get things done, keep the ball moving and keep all plates in the air. I am hoping this is a similar situation.

[quote name='luvbrady']
I used to work with a group representing the OTP (office of the president) in a money management firm. Rest assured complaints and concerns went know where near him! They had a couple of highly networked reps that represented his office and knew how to get things done, keep the ball moving and keep all plates in the air. I am hoping this is a similar situation.[/quote]

Which president? You may have just lost some sympathy. :p ;)

No really, I am so glad they called. I hope they do the right thing. :)

I am glad to hear you at least got something for now, but I would still try to speak to someone about your situation. I know that as it gets closer to the sailing date, it becomes very difficult to find rooms together. My friends still don't have a room connecting to their 7 and 9 year olds. I was told that they are going to keep trying. The truth is, all the connecting rooms are simply occupied by families and they can't break them up.

If something should open up, maybe they can move you, but at least for now, you are near each other. Good Luck and try to enjoy your vacation.

[quote name='luvbrady']We will probably end up doing that, but still splitting up. I'm just not comfortable with out an open door between the 2. If the 4 year old wakes up he b-lines for me. They're just way to young to be unattended, even next door. I'm one of those nervous Nellies.... You know the kids you see unattended at the pool? Yeah, well. They're not mine. I don't even like to get up to get a napkin or silverware with out a constant eye on them. It's a jungle out there LOL! We had 6 kids with us last year and I spent the entire pool side time taking inventory. 1-2-3-4-5....wait, ohhh there's 6. I felt like Rain Man :D[/quote]

DD is a mature almost 8 but as like with you, I wouldn't ever consider her being in a cabin without a connecting door or an adult relative. In fact we may take MIL along on NYE so DD and she can share an inexpensive cabin and DW and I can have a nice balcony cabin to ourselves.

Hope it all comes together well and you have a great cruise!!!

[quote name='jaspercat']Have been following this thread for awhile -- OP did you get that return phone call Friday? Have they made any better resolution to this?[/quote]

Nope. Still waiting.... Can you believe it???? They did say as late as Monday. But here it is, nearly mid day... And since they have work, cell and home, I'm going to be pretty miffed if they just leave another message at home. When I'm not there....

Truthfully, I would give up all together, but the aunts grandson has severe peanut/shellfish allergies. I [B][U]REALLY[/U][/B] NEED TO KNOW that information followed him. The rest of it we can sort out on board. It's unfortunate, but at least I have faith in the service I will receive when we get there. Ever the optimist I guess....

[quote name='Apoggi']I would call them back if I were you. I can't believe they are making you wait this long. Call them![/quote]

Called the woman in the Executive Office. That was about an hour and a half ago. We'll see. They clearly have a significantly different measure of customer service than mine, and than what they provide on-board. HOWEVER I am hoping for her sake that she calls back today. Hubby and I both have the day off tomorrow with no particular plans. We can haunt them unmercifuly if need be.....

My first cruise, we booked all four of us in one room on Carnival. A week before the cruise they asked if we would trade one room for 2 side by side rooms. Even though they were not connected, I said yes. My husband and son took one room, my daughter and I took the other. It worked out fine for us, I was glad for the extra space and since it was a family vacation anyway, not sharing a bed was not a deal-breaker.
I can see why you are upset as you expected and should have gotten adjoining rooms, but hopefully you'll have a great time anyway. Maybe RCCL will feel bad enough about the mix-up to offer you future credit on another cruise.

Well, don't know if anyone is even interested anymore, or if you'd all kind of given up like me, but here's the update. I FINALLY got a call back. It was sufficiently apologetic. They took full responsibility for the initial error and aknowledged the fact that providing a solution that including downgrading our cabins was not ideal. She confrimed that all of our excursion, food allergy and dining information had followed us. They also extended $100 OBC per adult. So, that's that.

We've all agreed on Disney next spring break. But, due to the outstanding service we receive on board, we're not going to axe RCCL either. Can't imagine cruising on another line. But next time we will book with the TA so they can deal with any BS that might arise.

Thanks to all who listened and even more to those who offered advice and experience. To those still trying to work through problems, I wish you well!

Happy sailing all. Just over a week to go!!!!

Enjoy your cruise! And enjoy spending their money too!! Did you get $100 for EVERY adult traveling with you, or just you and DH?
Glad to see you aren't giving up on RCCL.
Can't wait to see your review when you get back!

Karen

[quote name='luvbrady']Well, don't know if anyone is even interested anymore, or if you'd all kind of given up like me, but here's the update. I FINALLY got a call back. It was sufficiently apologetic. They took full responsibility for the initial error and aknowledged the fact that providing a solution that including downgrading our cabins was not ideal. She confrimed that all of our excursion, food allergy and dining information had followed us. They also extended $100 OBC per adult. So, that's that.

We've all agreed on Disney next spring break. But, due to the outstanding service we receive on board, we're not going to axe RCCL either. Can't imagine cruising on another line. But next time we will book with the TA so they can deal with any BS that might arise.

Thanks to all who listened and even more to those who offered advice and experience. To those still trying to work through problems, I wish you well!

Happy sailing all. Just over a week to go!!!![/QUOTE]I, for one, HAVE been waiting to hear the outcome.

I am glad that it is (semi-)satisfactory.

Salud! (you ARE going to use those OBCs for drinks, aren't you? ;))

[quote name='luvbrady']Well, don't know if anyone is even interested anymore, or if you'd all kind of given up like me, but here's the update. I FINALLY got a call back. It was sufficiently apologetic. They took full responsibility for the initial error and aknowledged the fact that providing a solution that including downgrading our cabins was not ideal. She confrimed that all of our excursion, food allergy and dining information had followed us. They also extended $100 OBC per adult. So, that's that.

Happy sailing all. Just over a week to go!!!![/quote]

I too have been following and am delighted to hear that your finally got the situation sorted out. Now, ENJOY your cruise !!!

Warren and Yvonne

I am back to being excited again. In fact, I have today off and am getting ready to start packing. Although I've been squirrling stuff away for a couple of weeks already!

Thanks for hanging in there with me. The OBC is for each of the adults in the cabins, so me, hubby and the aunt. Better than nothing. $50.00 per hour for my phone calls and emails. Not quite lawyers rates.... It will be comsumed by day 2 LOL. Just really glad to move forward and confirm that the allergy information did follow the nephew.

Now for the dissapointing time before each cruise. Trying to get my winter behind into my summer clothes LOL. :D

I'm glad that it got (relatively) resolved and you got something out of it. Have a phenomenal trip! Whenever we cruise with others we typically try to get cabins spread out so we are not spending a lot of time waiting for the 14 others to all come out of their cabins to meet us. Just trying to give an example of how it can be good to be on a different floor.
Enjoy spending the free credit. Also....did you book your group under group rates? You only need 5 cabins (atleast on our cruise) to get OBC of $100 per cabin and after you book 8 cabins you get a free berth. Don't know if this helps you or just stresses you out but maybe you can get more!

[quote name='jennat']I'm glad that it got (relatively) resolved and you got something out of it. Have a phenomenal trip! Whenever we cruise with others we typically try to get cabins spread out so we are not spending a lot of time waiting for the 14 others to all come out of their cabins to meet us. Just trying to give an example of how it can be good to be on a different floor.
Enjoy spending the free credit. Also....did you book your group under group rates? You only need 5 cabins (atleast on our cruise) to get OBC of $100 per cabin and after you book 8 cabins you get a free berth. Don't know if this helps you or just stresses you out but maybe you can get more![/quote]

HMMMMMMM I thought you had to have 8 to get anything! We have 7. Worth looking into! But someone else is going to have to make that call LOL! We had 8 last year and got the $100 per cabin and the free berth...which we collectively gave to the aunt who hung with all 6 kids after AO closed!

For our trip in October, they gave us the $100 for five and the conductor's credit for every 8. I don't know if it varies per ship/sailing date....call a travel agent and have her check into it. You can transfer the reservation to her and let her do all the dirty work. Someone may as well get the commision. Worth a shot!

Archived