Question for hardcore X / RCCL cruisers....

Lady_Gamecock

DH & I along with my MIL & FIL will be cruising X's new ship, Equinox, in 2009. To take advantage of the current rooms/rate, we have been throwing around the idea of going ahead and booking these cruises. We had been thinking about booking these cruises while on FoS at the end of the month, but now we're thinking that maybe we should go ahead and book it now.

Here is my question: Can we book now to secure the rate/room preference, then get on-board and talk to the Loyalty Ambassador and have them create a NEW reservation so we can take advantage of the OBCs (if the price hasn't gone up)? Would we have to do the deposit all over again, or can we just transfer the existing reservation to the new one?

Thanks a ton!!

Lady_G

Lady ~ I don't believe they will just let you transfer your current booking. You would have to "cancel" your current booking and make a "new" reservation to get the OBC that is offered for booking on board. If the rates are the same, it's an easy thing to do if you are booked with Celebrity and there is no cancellation fee incurred. If the rate has gone up, then you are likely better off keeping your original reservation.

I don't see prices going up much between now and the end of the month. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with the booking volume for Equinox at this time will check in and give you some better advice. But if you are sailing in the next couple of weeks, I'd wait and book onboard unless you know there is a particular cabin you have to have or you book direct with Celebrity and won't incur a cancellation fee for cancelling your original reservation.

Depending on the price of your cruise, it might not be worth waiting and hoping prices stay the same.

Celebrity's booking onboard credits are different than Royal Caribbean.

The onboard booking credit is not based on length of cruise as Royal Caribbean. The amount of credit depends on the cruisefare of the cruise you are booking.

For Celebrity:

Onboard Credit Amt - For cruisefares from

$50 per stateroom - $1 to $2499

$100 per stateroom - $2500 to $3999

$150 per stateroom - $4000 to $5999

$200 per stateroom - $6000 to $7499

$250 per stateroom - $7500+

As far as the prices going up, there have been several increases on the Solstice cruise that we booked including a very recent one.

As long as your Equinox plans are not for the transatlantic in Nov. 2009, the prices probably won't go up enormously in the next couple of weeks. The TA, OTOH, is more exciting than watching the stock market! The cabin prices are increasing almost on a daily basis. For example, the Aquaclass cabin prices have jumped almost $600 pp in the past two weeks. Our 1A cabin increased by almost $300 pp on the day after I deposited. There are already - IIRC - over 300 CC members on our roll-call and it looks as though the roll-call postings may set a new record (over 1300 entries already, and it's 18 months until we cruise). Have a look:D

I have a question....

Right now I am holding a Cabin on the Connie for Sept.09...I need to talk to a Celebrity Resy person, since I have a next cruise certificate and have them apply that. My question is, I already have a $100.00 OBC with Next Cruise.....if I book the cruise while I am on the Voyager next week would I also get the OBC for booking onboard, plus the next cruise OBC??

Now that I read that....I hope it's not too confusing to understand!!

Ollie ~ it's not too confusing to understand. I do not believe they will give you both. I think your Future Cruise Credit is considered a "current booking" and the OBC that comes with it will be all you'll get. I don't think they'll let you combine it with booking another cruise on board your next cruise.

I just used a Future Cruise Credit (with OBC) for an RCI sailing and they would not allow me to use a discount coupon I had for the sailing. I know they operate separately but I'm guessing they won't let you do both for the same sailing.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Ollie ~ it's not too confusing to understand. I do not believe they will give you both. I think your Future Cruise Credit is considered a "current booking" and the OBC that comes with it will be all you'll get. I don't think they'll let you combine it with booking another cruise on board your next cruise.

I just used a Future Cruise Credit (with OBC) for an RCI sailing and they would not allow me to use a discount coupon I had for the sailing. I know they operate separately but I'm guessing they won't let you do both for the same sailing.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Thank you Anne!!!

I am sitting on one of these cruise credits that will expire next year.. they do not always apply if any other promotion/sale is in effect, so I have not been able to use it though I have cruised several times in the interim since purchase.

I don't think you will be able to use it in conjunction with any other OBC.

Archived