Decisions, Decisions Please Help!

time11130

We were going to book Carnival Inspiration for this June, a last minute short family vacation. It is a 5 night cruise for about $2300 for 2 rooms. (one oceanview, one inside) My Travel Agent is now telling me that I may not be satisified with Carnival after going on 2 Royal Carribean cruises. What do you all think? This is for my hubby, 2 kids, one 22, one 17 and of course myself. Is this a good ship choice? We are not real picky people but do want CLEAN! Or any other suggestions? We are from Indiana and looking for a cruise port that we can drive to in a day and price under $2500 for all 4 of us. Please help! I need to get passports, etc lined up yet. Thanks! Lisa

My oldest daughter has sailed RC & Carnival - liked both. Her opinion was that RC was a bit more formal & Carnival had bigger cabins. I'm not sure that she really had a preference between the two. My teenage son loves Carnival for the pool slide & ping pong. We've been on Carnival twice as a family (will be 3 this summer). My oldest had also been on RC & Carnival before, middle had been on Carnival before. Yeah, pretty sad our girls have more cruises under their belts than their parents.

We were going to book Carnival Inspiration for this June, a last minute short family vacation. It is a 5 night cruise for about $2300 for 2 rooms. (one oceanview, one inside) My Travel Agent is now telling me that I may not be satisified with Carnival after going on 2 Royal Carribean cruises. What do you all think? This is for my hubby, 2 kids, one 22, one 17 and of course myself. Is this a good ship choice? We are not real picky people but do want CLEAN! Or any other suggestions? We are from Indiana and looking for a cruise port that we can drive to in a day and price under $2500 for all 4 of us. Please help! I need to get passports, etc lined up yet. Thanks! Lisa

Lisa. We have sailed Carnival a couple of times, maybe 3. Our sons & their wives have gone with us several times. Our youngest started sailing with us when he was about 19 and my personal experience is that the young people enjoy Royal Caribbean more than Carnival. Carnival tends to have young families with very young children. Royal has Rock Climbing, which is a HUGE hit with teens & 20's... they also offer adult only areas. Royal Caribbean is our favorite because it is not as formal as Holland America or Princess and not as many young children as Carnival.... and we've sailed several different cruise lines.

That is what I was wondering if Carnival will be overran with smaller children that will drive my 17 year old Son CRAZY! My 22 year old daughter just wants the sun so I think she will be fine anywhere. I just want decent food/clean room. Hubby just does not want to have to drive everywhere! And this is alot of money for us to be spending so I just want to make sure we all will have a good time. Thanks for everyone's help! Lisa

Lisa,

Go on the cruise and have a wonderful time. You will enjoy the Carnival experience as will your DH and children.

I've done HA, RCCL, Carnival and most recently NCL and have enjoyed each and every one.

After this cruise you may very well feel that RCCL is still your favorite line, but Carnival ships are clean, the food is good, and you will have a great time....just go with an open mind and the mind set that you are going to have the time of your life. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I was on a Carnival ship when I was 19 almost 20 years old. I had a blast! There's plenty to do, and it's easy to meet other people.

I took my daughters on the Inspiration last July. There were many young adults on the ship. They looked as though they were having a wonderful time.

Archived