Question about bringing beer and alcohol.

Dolebludger

Hi, all. I am new to this board. I am in the beginning stages of considering a cruise on Azamara in a suite, as an alternative to the Regent/Silversea cruises we've been taking for the past five years.

By way of background, I like to buy local beers in all port locations and sample them on my balcony. However, some lines will not allow beer to be brought on for on-board consumption. What is Azamara's policy on this matter?

The policy is the same as Celebrity's--you're not suppose to do it (but you can bring two bottles of wine onboard at embarkation to consume in your stateroom). Not sure if the policy is strictly enforced on Azamara, however, especially for beer. All non-alcoholic drinks are gratis in your suite (not stateroom) and if you are in the Royal or Penthouse Suites, 2 bottles of liquor are provided.

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Sept 13 Best of Italy cruise and am VERY happy to hear there isn't a big stink made about bringing local wine/liquor on board. We are SO looking forward to sipping great Italian wine purchased from a winery we just visited while sitting on the balcony!

Barb

When we were on Quest in January, we bought one bottle of wine in St. Barts and it was taken from us when we boarded and returned to us on the last night. Maybe it depends on who is on duty when you board.

Archived