Water in Suites on the Star?

suzyed

We had two free bottles in Jan. and where in a AB penthouse on the Star. If they where suppose to charge us for them, they never did. Can't tell you how much they where as we just kept filling them as needed. Hope someone else can help you more.

Retiredonthesea

Our mini-suite had bottled Evian water, but there was a charge. A half-liter bottle came to $5.14, with gratuity, etc. The price was listed on the mini-bar order form which was in the room. The bottle sitting on the counter, and NOT in the fridge, so my DH assumed it was free, and cracked it open before I could stop him. That's how I know about the charge, and the exact price :rolleyes:.

I cannot tell you if the water is free in the full suites or not.

The bottle sitting on the counter, and NOT in the fridge, so my DH assumed it was free, and cracked it open before I could stop him. That's how I know about the charge, and the exact price :rolleyes:.

My kids learned early on in our travels. Whether it's a hotel room, ship cabin, etc,... 'DON'T touch the water'!:p When their friends came with us on occassion I was so proud when I'd hear them tell their friends... 'DON'T touch the water'!:p And I've seen $10.00 bottles of water!:eek:

LOL

Apparently people must buy those bottles from time to time since they are still offered. My question is WHY? I just don't get it????

For the same reason they are happy to pay corkage fees, tip bad concierges $100 and butlers $400/week, pay more in the premium restaurants, pay $78 for a $37 bottle of champagne, $40 for a $18 bottle of vodka......money is no object!! :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe they are just really really thirsty! ;)

For the same reason they are happy to pay corkage fees, tip bad concierges $100 and butlers $400/week, pay more in the premium restaurants, pay $78 for a $37 bottle of champagne, $40 for a $18 bottle of vodka......money is no object!! :rolleyes:;)

I could justify most of the items above because you actually get something for it (maybe not the silly tipping). The booze stuff is because of no other option, usually.

But, water is free if you can walk 8 ft to the bathroom. Just strange.

Archived