Ride from San Diego Airport to hotel

Jimsgirl

I would appreciate information from anyone who has gone from San Diego airport to Sheraton Marina Hotel. How did you do it and what price should I budget for that trip?

I am booked on the Mercury, usually use the cruise line transport. I booked the hotel through the cruise line, but my agent booked the air independently (due to flight times). Celebrity does not allow those using independetly booked flights to be picked up at the airport. (though I have been able to buy transportation at the end of the cruise)

I travel solo, and am very much a senior, so would appreciate any information, as to whether I need a hired limo or a taxi, and how to obtain either of these once in San Diego.(about 5.0p.m. )

Thank you

The Sheraton is basically across the street from the airport.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=127

... shows they have complimentary shuttle service from the airport. You may want to call them to confirm times etc.

(Cruisecritic also has a West Coast Homeports forum: http://messages.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413)

I would appreciate information from anyone who has gone from San Diego airport to Sheraton Marina Hotel. How did you do it and what price should I budget for that trip?

I am booked on the Mercury, usually use the cruise line transport. I booked the hotel through the cruise line, but my agent booked the air independently (due to flight times). Celebrity does not allow those using independetly booked flights to be picked up at the airport. (though I have been able to buy transportation at the end of the cruise)

I travel solo, and am very much a senior, so would appreciate any information, as to whether I need a hired limo or a taxi, and how to obtain either of these once in San Diego.(about 5.0p.m. )

Thank you

Since the hotel almost on the airport grounds, I think the hotel will provide free shuttle service. I would call them. You can get luggage assistance to the shuttle pickup point.

Most of the hotels around the airport do provide shuttle service. The pickup point is outside the baggage claim area, be aware though that there are two lanes seperated by a divider. Pickup is at the outer one, so you will have to get your luggage out there. They have luggage carts available, but few porters, in fact we didn't see any, although that may have been because we were there on a Sunday.

Thank you

They have a shuttle, we have taken it. The hotel is right at the airport.

You have to drag your luggage up an elevator or escalator and take the bridge across, then back down the other side to get a taxi or shuttle. The carts are not free just take some quarters with you. I think it's a 4 quarters.

Thank you all so much, I feel far less "stressed" now. I am certainly more than willing to pay a porter, or the fee for a cart, -I do have a wheelchair assist at the airport from arrival to baggage claim area.

My TA did not inform me that the Sheraton Marina was so close,she said I should hire a limo! Perhaps she ha never been to San Diego.

Thank you all so much, I feel far less "stressed" now. I am certainly more than willing to pay a porter, or the fee for a cart, -I do have a wheelchair assist at the airport from arrival to baggage claim area.

My TA did not inform me that the Sheraton Marina was so close,she said I should hire a limo! Perhaps she ha never been to San Diego.

We stayed at the Sheraton Marina hotel. Its a very nice hotel. We did let a porter grab our luggage and walk us to the shuttle bus pick up area. It is very easy to do.

Thank you everyone who replied to my query.

I contacted the hotel and found out that the shuttle runs from 5a..m to12 midnight at approx 15 mins intervals. and can be boarded outside the arrival terminal.

This is really good news, and I feel very much more relaxed (I usually book with the cruise line , but was unable to do so this time because of the flight times)

Looking forward to the cruise.

I'm glad the airport is so close by and will provide shuttle service. I always admire your posts and my "hats off" to you for continuing to travel despite any physical limitations. And I hope your TA appreciates your business. From following your posts on a variety of the different cruise line boards here, it appears you do 90% of all the leg work, while the TA sits back and reaps the $commission$!

Have a great sailing on Mercury, and keep on cruisin! ;)

Archived