booking question

lafayettedvm

we usually book our cruises 4-5 weeks before we leave for the cruise. we now have an opportunity to go in october. my question(s) are:

1)if we book now...is it better to use carnival rep or get a TA? my concern is that i want to get a good price; however, if we book now, we can get the cabins we want. if the price drops, will TA or CArnival rep give money back? or should i just continue to watch the price?

2)are there websites that fill forecast the cruise price like there is for airline tickets?

we usually book our cruises 4-5 weeks before we leave for the cruise. we now have an opportunity to go in october. my question(s) are:

1)if we book now...is it better to use carnival rep or get a TA? my concern is that i want to get a good price; however, if we book now, we can get the cabins we want. if the price drops, will TA or CArnival rep give money back? or should i just continue to watch the price?

2)are there websites that fill forecast the cruise price like there is for airline tickets?

Who you deal with is more of a personal choice. Some people are completely driven by the lowest price. Other people will want someone who is knowledgeable with good customer service.

My PVP calls me if rates drop and protects me, but I know that it's not the same for everybody.

Usually the more you wait, the more you'll pay for your cruise. However, if rates drop, you will be protected, unless you select a TA which specifies NO price adjustment.

Some TAs will discount Carnival cruises, so if you know one who does and ask to make sure they honor price drops, that works for me. Otherwise just use a PVP. I never had a PVP that watched prices or did much for me, but to hold a booking they work fine. Unless you are getting something extra out of booking with a TA Id go with Carnival.

is a PVP the carnival cruise rep on the phone? or is there someone else? how do you find a PVP that will watch for price drops like tapi suggest?

Yes, they work for Carnival. Unless you book multiple cruises and have built a strong relationship with a PVP, they arent going to watch prices for you. Even then its very very rare.

Actually it takes less than 5 mins to check prices, so that not that big of a deal.

so, how do you start a relationship with ine of these pvp's? i have around 5 cruises under my belt, and i dont plan on stopping anytime soon.

also, does carnival honor price drops if you book through them? i'll even take OBC.

Archived