Pacific/Tahitian Princess balconies

can786

Just booked an Alaskan cruise for August 2009 on the Pacific Princess and I was wondering if the balconies have any cover over them. I don't care about privacy, but knowing how much it can rain in Alaska it would be nice to have a roof overhead. We booked an AB minisuite.

Just booked an Alaskan cruise for August 2009 on the Pacific Princess and I was wondering if the balconies have any cover over them. I don't care about privacy, but knowing how much it can rain in Alaska it would be nice to have a roof overhead. We booked an AB minisuite.

Since you already booked the mini in AB, you might want to look at the available deck plans and the various photos of either of the ships. My guess is that they are all partially if not mostly covered, but my guess is that you are going anyway even if they weren't. ;)

Let folks know what the cabin is, or at least what deck and general location and there will be someone that has been there.

Oh, by the way, it's not going to rain in August because that's the same month we are going and it wouldn't dare! But if it does, it won't matter because our balcony is covered.

R class ships' balconies are basically a "hull cut" design, and fully covered.

Thanks! The pictures of the exterior of the ship look like they are cut from the hull, but I just wanted to confirm. Since I'll be cruising with my mom privacy is not the issue, but a bit of a cover would be nice in the rain.

p.s. - Grego, the two times I've been to Alaska in August we barely had any rain, but the time I went in September it poured the entire trip. Hopefully next year will be nice in August as well, but I always plan for rain in Alaska.

Am going to be totally nosey here but can you give me a ballpark figure for this cruise for 2?? Have been waiting patiently (?) for the schedule to come out and we are really interested in this cruise on Pacific for Sept. We are also looking to book a mini? Thanks for any info -

You guys must have ESP; I can't find anything in the original post about which category of cabin was booked. Essentially, the side facing cabins on the ship are fully covered, while aft facing cabins are partially covered. The aft balconies are deeper, top to bottom, meaning the lower deck the aft balcony is on, the deeper and more covered it is.

Have a great cruise,

Charlotte

Am going to be totally nosey here but can you give me a ballpark figure for this cruise for 2?? Have been waiting patiently (?) for the schedule to come out and we are really interested in this cruise on Pacific for Sept. We are also looking to book a mini? Thanks for any info -

Princess quoted $4785pp for an AB minisuite, plus an unspecified amount for the fuel surcharge. I am assuming since I booked before April 21st when the surcharge increases to $7pp/day that I will be paying $5pp/day. I also book through a TA who discounts, so we did not pay the full Princess price. I also got prices from Princess for the September 3rd cruise and that was about $250pp less for the AB minisuite.

Archived