RCCL Computer Glitch

Sky Sweet

I made the reservation for our upcoming Mediterranean Cruise over a year ago, so when RCCL amended its fuel surcharge policy they removed that charge from our account.

Two weeks ago, I made the final payment for this cruise and received confirmation from RCCL that our reservation was paid in full.

Then yesterday, when I was checking something on our online account at RCCL's website, it indicated that we had a payment due and then noticed that the fuel surcharge was added back after I made our final payment.

When I called RCCL to inquire about this they said it was a computer glitch, and they would remove the charge. Then a few hours later when I checked my account I noticed it was still there, so I called RCCL again.

The person I spoke with said the erroneous fuel surcharge had been removed when I called the first time, but it was added back again when I accessed my online account due to a computer glitch. I was told that when you access your online account, the computer checks to see if the fuel surcharge is there since most people with current bookings are required to pay it. Then due to a computer glitch it just adds it if it is not there. He told me that he would remove the charge but it might come back again if I access my online account.

Ideally, I would like to check my online account to insure this has been resolved but am reluctant to do so because of what happend the last time I did.

My biggest concern is that the computer glitch that is causing the fuel surcharge to reappear will think I have a real payment due when it is time to send me my cruise docs.

I realize this is the Celebrity Board, but since RCCL owns Celebrity and they share administrative staff, I thought that any computer glitch on RCCL might happen on Celebrity, as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I don't have any experience with this but wish to call your attention to the fact that the fuel surcharge policies have recently changes, within the last 10 days, as a result of negotiations with the Florida Attorney General.

Implementation of the changes may be causing this trouble.

I made the reservation for our upcoming Mediterranean Cruise over a year ago, so when RCCL amended its fuel surcharge policy they removed that charge from our account.

Two weeks ago, I made the final payment for this cruise and received confirmation from RCCL that our reservation was paid in full.

Then yesterday, when I was checking something on our online account at RCCL's website, it indicated that we had a payment due and then noticed that the fuel surcharge was added back after I made our final payment.

When I called RCCL to inquire about this they said it was a computer glitch, and they would remove the charge. Then a few hours later when I checked my account I noticed it was still there, so I called RCCL again.

The person I spoke with said the erroneous fuel surcharge had been removed when I called the first time, but it was added back again when I accessed my online account due to a computer glitch. I was told that when you access your online account, the computer checks to see if the fuel surcharge is there since most people with current bookings are required to pay it. Then due to a computer glitch it just adds it if it is not there. He told me that he would remove the charge but it might come back again if I access my online account.

Ideally, I would like to check my online account to insure this has been resolved but am reluctant to do so because of what happend the last time I did.

My biggest concern is that the computer glitch that is causing the fuel surcharge to reappear will think I have a real payment due when it is time to send me my cruise docs.

I realize this is the Celebrity Board, but since RCCL owns Celebrity and they share administrative staff, I thought that any computer glitch on RCCL might happen on Celebrity, as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi...yes I am having that same discrepency too.

I booked a new cruise this week but

I had other bookings PRIOR to the fuel thing.

One of those was on a Royal ship. The CSR was very nice:)

and told me if I use THAT booking number I would not have

to pay the fuel charges on this new cruise.

(using the older ressie #). We transferred all of my other

deposits to the new cruise and she told me they would take

off the fuel fees. Now, when I print my reservation it shows

the correct amount due (less those charges) BUT when

I look at the X website it still shows a 40.00 difference:rolleyes:

(its an 8 night cruise to Alaska). Before I make my final payment

I will check again and normally I pay on-line but I will do

it through a person and hopefully everything will = out correctly.

I don't have any experience with this but wish to call your attention to the fact that the fuel surcharge policies have recently changes, within the last 10 days, as a result of negotiations with the Florida Attorney General.

Implementation of the changes may be causing this trouble.

Hi Bru92 :)

I think you may be right :)

Hi...yes I am having that same discrepency too.

I booked a new cruise this week but

I had other bookings PRIOR to the fuel thing.

One of those was on a Royal ship. The CSR was very nice:)

and told me if I use THAT booking number I would not have

to pay the fuel charges on this new cruise.

(using the older ressie #). We transferred all of my other

deposits to the new cruise and she told me they would take

off the fuel fees. Now, when I print my reservation it shows

the correct amount due (less those charges) BUT when

I look at the X website it still shows a 40.00 difference:rolleyes:

(its an 8 night cruise to Alaska). Before I make my final payment

I will check again and normally I pay on-line but I will do

it through a person and hopefully everything will = out correctly.

Hi Lois :)

I agree that it is best for you to pay through a person this time. Glad to hear that you had such a helpful rep from RCCL. The people I have been dealing with are very nice, as well :)

Archived