Ever Stuck in Elevator on Cruise Ship?

kimberly1949

We take the elevators up with a reasonable number of people in them. I don't do overcrowding. Walk the stairs going down to burn calories whenever possible. I have been in a office building when an elevator fell 5 floors and I ended up sitting on the floor. Not a fun experience.

I have a fear of getting stuck in an elevator and I even have dreams where I get stuck and it starts to fall. I can't even begin to think how you must of felt when you fell 5 floors! That would of been my last elevator ride :eek:

We were on a RCI cruise and my mom, sister and I got on an elevator with 4 other people. We went up about 2 floors and it stopped! My worst fear comes to life. I didn’t want to look like a complete idiot in front of the others but as time passed my anxiety kept increasing. My sister and mom just kept talking to me and I let the other know my fear and everyone was really nice. I carry water with me everywhere, which helped since I kept getting a very dry mouth and I was afraid we would be there for hours and what would I do without water (irrational fear, I know) We had pushed all the emergency buttons but I kept saying let’s call them…for some reason the other insisted on waiting since they pushed the button…then from above we heard the work men above us and they opened the hatch to let us know they were working on it. It was getting really hot in the elevator (thank goodness there were only 7 of us). After about 25 minutes they finally got the door open…though we did have to step up a bit since they could not get it on the floor evenly. We headed straight to the bar for a drink to celebrate me surviveing my fear but, I will never get into an overcrowded elevator. Also, I just had back surgery and by my next cruise I will be able to use the stairs!!!

All ships have glass elevators in the atrium (at least the ones I've been on), but I'm claustrophobic too and don't do elevators anywhere. We do the stairs all the time on ships and probably one of the reasons we never gain weight!
Actually, all ships don't have glass elevators in the atrium. Some don't have elevators in the atrium at all. And some ships don't even have an atrium!

I have a fear of getting stuck in an elevator and I even have dreams where I get stuck and it starts to fall. I can't even begin to think how you must of felt when you fell 5 floors! That would of been my last elevator ride :eek:

Me too! They are always sooo real too! AH!

I have never been stuck, but always tend to worry! My brother likes to see how many people we can get on an elevator at once. He likes to see if 17 people can really fit on one!! AH! I'm always so nervous. :eek:

HA HA HA~~~~I just got stuck on HAL's Zaandam just 2 weeks ago !!:D

I had reported that it was "sticking' 4 days prior. The problem was that if you got on on Verandah deck, it wouldn't go up unless someone on Lido pushed the "down" button.

At the time , I was annoyed, but looking back, it was pretty funny.

Makes a good story for dinnertime. :)

Pat

The elevators on the CCL Holiday were the worst. When riding up and down it felt like the elevators were bouncing. My nerves got the best of me and I decided to take the stairs and bypass the elevator. The up side to that was when I got home and weighed, I had lost 3 pounds, probably from all those stairs!:o

Me too! They are always sooo real too! AH!

I have never been stuck, but always tend to worry! My brother likes to see how many people we can get on an elevator at once. He likes to see if 17 people can really fit on one!! AH! I'm always so nervous. :eek:

Oh so he's the one that will get in the elevator when it is already completly full! :D

Archived