Using Birth Certificate with Name Change

I do not usually ask questions that have been covered before, but the search function is not currently working so I apologize.

My wife and I will be taking a cruise in May for the first ime since our honeymoon several years ago. At that time we used birth certificates and they worked great, but the name on my wife's driver's license still matched the one on her certificate. Now that she has my last name, they will obviously be different. So my question is, will we need to take a marriage certificate to justify the difference in the name?

For a number of you that will respond, yes I know that a passport would be easier, but I am afraid that they will not make it to us in time. Thank you for any information you can give me concerning the question at hand.

They understand that little girls grow up and get married and change their name.There are thousands of women on cruise ships (married) that carry a bc with their single name.Just have the picture id.

Only a birth certificate and drivers license/state id is necessary.

7 Days on The Star Princess OCTOBER,24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

my birth cert has Rene my id is Renee and my married name, brought my marriage license and they never asked for it, brought a signed letter for taking my son out of the country to Mexico without his father and they never asked for it. But always better safe then sorry.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;08;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NEXT: Majesty of the Seas 8/23/04,Carnival Legend CTN 10/22/04

PAST: Inspiration 8/24/03

I am travelling with several family members (most of which don't have passports) in October so I did some research about name changes. The feedback I have gotten from several sources, including Royal Carribean customer service and travel agent, is if your wife uses her first name, maiden name, and married last name on her driver's license, she won't need to show the marriage license to prove the name change. If she uses her first name, middle name, and married last name on her driver's license, then you need to bring the marriage license. Most of the time it isn't needed, but occasionally you hear the stories about the people who either couldn't get ont he ship or had problems getting through customs because of the name change.

Archived