any ideas

SurftheWave

Im going on the dream june 1st, and wanted to make a movie with my video camera on the cruise. im 16. I post them on the internet, and have quiet a crowd of people watching them. 179,000 to be exact ;) I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for a good one, that wont disturb other passengers.

so...you are looking for a gimmick ....something that fits

te the cruise theme and others will want to watch on the 'net. hmmm, still thinking....

plus you have to make sure you don't get faces of the other cruisers, since that is a no-no. (unless the approve)

the bouncing ball has been done to death, you know..bouncing down the hall, down the gangway, across the deck...down the street in port. it's cute by done, done. smiley face on vacation has been done, as the stolen garden gnome or flamigo.

there has to be something original for you to do.

who has ideas?

Im going on the dream june 1st, and wanted to make a movie with my video camera on the cruise. im 16. I post them on the internet, and have quiet a crowd of people watching them. 179,000 to be exact ;) I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for a good one, that wont disturb other passengers.

Can you give us an idea of what your past movies have been about? "Bouncing ball" fun/funny movies (I did these as a teen myself, though it was with a rolling tire :p ) , documentary style, drama/soap operas, eclectic arthouse?

Have you got a favorite stuffed animal you can take and "feature" in the movie? Do it from their POV. If you are on a summer cruise do something like "people's swimsuits from behind....did they have no mirrors at home?":eek: If you're on a winter Alaska trip seek out the most "Nanook of the North" look onboard. There are ENDLESS possibilities if you just keep your eyes open. You could even do a culinary movie about ALL the food available onboard a ship....then seque into the bathing suit movie:D If you get an Oscar for these I want CREDIT!!!!!;)

How about filming short snippets of your day, every day. Do the same or nearly same routine for most of the clips-- waking up and looking out a window (if you have one), looking around the room at the mess, walking to breakfast, perusing the breakfast choices, etc etc.

Then edit the SAME snippets one after the other, so you have 7 takes on waking, 7 takes on the messy room, 7 takes on breakfast, etc etc. Intersperse them with longer clips of one-time activities that you do at approximately the right time (for instance your one morning swim in the too cold pool, your one, unsuccessful late night attempt to con a bartender out of a drink :eek: , etc. You are basically condensing your cruise experience into one groundhog-like day.

It will be cool to see how your routines stay the same and/or morph over time, and where in your day you break from routine.

Archived