Does RCCL allow 3 in a promenade cabin?

I am looking to book 3 cabins on the Explorer next May. I want to take my DS, DIL and their child who will be almost 3 at that time. I want to book balconies for 2 cabins, but would prefer to have the child in a non-balcony cabin near us. Everytime I look on the website and indicate 3 people, it lists the PR's as unavailable. If I list 2 people, they are available. Has anyone had 3 in a PR?

I am looking to book 3 cabins on the Explorer next May. I want to take my DS, DIL and their child who will be almost 3 at that time. I want to book balconies for 2 cabins, but would prefer to have the child in a non-balcony cabin near us. Everytime I look on the website and indicate 3 people, it lists the PR's as unavailable. If I list 2 people, they are available. Has anyone had 3 in a PR?

My niece just booked a promenade room for 2 adults and 1 (2 yr old) child on the Mariner for September '08, so I know they have it on the Mariner because she just booked the room last week. Maybe it depends on the ship? We had to talk to our cvp who arranged it for her by having a crib put in the room, otherwise he said the rooms were only for 2. The cabin the booked is on the 8th floor, don't remember the room number. Hope this helps, good luck!

I was in a promenade room and it was certainly big enough for 3 it had 2 sleeper sofas and the 2 twins which of course they can convert to a king if needed. I was on Mariner in May 2007.

I believe that you are confused.

The promenade cabins on the Voyager class ships are for two passengers. The only exception, as reported by kimberly, is if you put a crib/pack 'n' play in there for a small child/baby.

I am not sure where you got the idea that there were "two sleeper sofas" in your PR room. :confused: :confused:

I have read that it can hold 3 - but only if one is in a crib. On the Mariner and Navigator the PR cabins don't have a sleeper couch - they DO have 2 couches, but neither is officially a sleeper. DD, when she was small enough, used to sleep on the couch at the window.

Thanks for the replies. After I return from this next cruise (in 2 days Yahoo!!) I will start checking into the availability of the cabins. It's over a year away, so I hope I can work things out.

If your going to want to book 3 in the promenade room (one crib) you will need to call and do it over the phone. You won't be able to book 3 people in that room online. It will never show up as available if you put 3 people in the search.

Archived