El Tigre Cruises Review

shorjai

My wife and I did the El Tigre Catamaran all day tour a couple of weeks ago and had a great time. A driver picked us up at the cruise ship pier and drove us into Bridgetown and to their dock. We loaded the cat and sailed up the west coast. Drinks were available as soon as we boarded and we enjoyed the Banks beer and also the rum punch. Where some cats are motorized only we actually sailed quite a bit of the time. The cat was full but not crowded. We stopped in the morning at both the Turtles and the Shipwreck and the snorkeling was great. We saw many turtles and lots of fish. We dropped off the half day people at a beach and then had lunch which included flying fish and shepherd's pie. After lunch we had additional time for swimming and then sailed back to Bridgetown. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We sailed the El Tigre on April 30th.

Only 14 people on board. The "small cat" next to us had 12 people and looked very crowed. The Catamaran that did the "Carnival cruise daytrip" was soooo full of people. We had a great sail, saw many flying fish. Snorkeling with the turtles, jumping off the boat and swimming. Nice lunch with chicken and fish. VERY relaxing day. You can e-mail me for pictures papilon@setarnet.aw

My wife and I sailed El Tigre on May 13. We both LOVED IT! Beautiful island, great boat, we were the only couple from the cruise ship onboard. There were maybe 25 of us total and it wasn't crowded at all. We never got confirmation so we showed up on the pier at 8:30. We had a local call the El Tigre office and found out they had us booked and would pick us up at 9:30. After that, everything was perfect. The snorkeling was good, crew was great, and the food/drink was excellent. We dropped off 10-12 at the beach and had a great time sailing back with lunch, drinks, another stop at a beach, and music. This may have been my favorite excursion of the entire cruise.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also want to know about bathrooms!!

Also is this an 'all day drinking' and blaring music type of boat or is it a sunbathing and swimming relaxing day? I tried another catamaran company but they didn't pick up cruise ship passengers which sort of worried me about the reputation of these!

I emailed for information and received a response the next day. There is a cruiseship discount for their 5 hour tour.

http://www.eltigrecruises.com/daycruises.htm

There is a deposit required and I am concerned that they want me to email or fax my credit card information. Has anyone done this? Kinda, makes me nervous!

Is there a bathroom on board the boat? Yes there is a bathroom on board.

What is the maximum number of passengers you carry? We take a maximum of 40 persons. We are licenced and insured to carry 55 persons

Do you play music all day on board ? We do play music all day but not very loud and uncomfortable

What sort of food do you serve at lunch (as I don't eat fish) For lunch we have Macaroni Pie, Rice & Peas, Chicken, Fried Flying Fish, Tossed Salad, Potato Salad and Garlic Bread or Rolls.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an alternate email address for them? I've emailed them twice via the website and both time had it returned due to a full mailbox! :mad:

Trying to avoid long distance calls. The 6 minute call I made to the Dominican Republic to book my excursion there wound up costing me $34!

Archived