getting off at ports

flaca

We (my husband and 6 year old) are traveling with my parents and sister's family. Last cruise I didn't run into this problem, but does it matter who your child reboards the ship with at the ports. My husband and I are hoping to do a excursion and she would go to the beach with my parents for the day. Are any limitations on who your child exits and reboards with. I didn't know if there was a form I need to fill out to give permission to for others to take her off the ship.

Or am I just over thinking........

VERY interesting question. From my experience, no one on the ship knows/cares who my children are departing or boarding with. But I wonder if the authorities from the country that check your i.d. before entering the port will care. I'll also be interested to know if anyone has experienced this.

Best,

Mia

We've never had a problem. The port agents and the ship security staff is usually only concerned about making sure you are a LEGIT passenger of the ship and that your ID matches your ship's card.

We have even sent our kids back onto the ship with their grandparents (different last name) and no one questioned anything.

CeleBrat

We have also sent our DD's 4 and 5 back on the ship with their grandparents so my DH and I could do some shopping and the girls could take a nap. They had no problems getting back on the ship. All they needed was their S&S cards.:o

Archived