Whose taking a New Years 2005 Cruise?

SNOWEY

We get to celebrate Christmas and New Years on Infinity. They usually have a great "count down" party with free champagne, noise makers, hats, etc. It is a lot of fun.:)

I am!! But I'll be on the Caribbean Princess. (I'm back to Celebrity on Summit next July!!)

January 1st is my birthday so it's a double celebration. I've never been at sea on my birthday. Can't wait!!

Happy sailing.

Joanie

We get to celebrate Christmas and New Years on Infinity. They usually have a great "count down" party with free champagne, noise makers, hats, etc. It is a lot of fun.:)

Tell us more - we are looking into Dec 05 New Years - where did they have the party? What was the attire?

Moya

Moya,

The New Year's Party was up by the pool. The whole top decks were rocking. They had champagne for everyone.

They had an extra formal night for New Year's Eve. They made the regular formal night an "optional" formal night. In other words, you could, but did not have to wear formal.

During the party, they started diving into the pool in their formals. It was a blast. Of course, some of them did not dive in voluntarily.:) Anyhow, it was a great time.

We will be counting down to the New Year on our FIRST cruise on the Millennium. Have never seen another poster taking this same cruise, but folks have told me that it will be a fabulous cruise, for a first timer!!!

We will be on the Caribbean Princess, I always have liked Celebrity...Galaxy, Century, Millie, hope I will like Princess just as much.

It is my Dad's favorite (but I will always be loyal to Celebrity, had my first kiss on the Galaxy in 96, I am only 23!!!!)

Happy cruising!!

This is great! I didn't realize there were that many New Years cruises. I don't know what they will be doing on the Galaxy, however, it will be better then what we usually do.

• 1 month later...

We leave on December 31st on the Horizon out of Tampa for a 10 day cruise. Do you think they will make the first night a formal night since it's New Year's Eve?

After reading lots of post about formal, informal and casual attire, I'm still not sure if the guys can get by without a tie on informal nights. This is our first cruise on Celebrity and we have only had formal and casual nights on all of the other ships we've been on.

Thanks for any info.

WE will be on the Navigator of the Seas December 18 - 24.

Spend 24 - 27th in Miami and then board the Summit for the New Year's cruise December 27th.

It will be a headache trying to organize what to pack for both cruises in one suitcase!

We'll be on Horizon on 12/31 for 10 days with you! Two couples here from Alabama.

Have never done a holiday cruise before. I heard that the first formal night was going to be Jan 1. I have no idea what all will happen on the first night -being New Years Eve - but we are all very excited about being there!!

Comeon--where are the rest of you :confused: .

I don't know about you, but after all the holiday madness & fun, it will be great to celebrate on the ship! It probably will be the best party we've been to in a long time. No worries about DWI :eek:. I like the idea that someone else has going about a Cabin Crawl. That could be just the ticket.

Archived