Star Stabilizer....for those just off

SakeDad

We just got off the Star April 16th as well and we were surprised how rough it was. We had been on the Star in Alaska previously in fairly rough waters and this seemed even worse. One of our waitresses on the last night was even complaining when she tried to pour the water, although she said it's not always that bad. I guess when you see the barf bags out by the elevator, though, you KNOW it's bad!

I have bad motion sickness, but 1/2 to 1/4 of a Unisom did the trick for me. That's my OB's remedy for morning sickness and since trying that I have not gotten sick on an airplane or boat since.

We just got off the Star April 16th as well and we were surprised how rough it was. We had been on the Star in Alaska previously in fairly rough waters and this seemed even worse. One of our waitresses on the last night was even complaining when she tried to pour the water, although she said it's not always that bad. I guess when you see the barf bags out by the elevator, though, you KNOW it's bad!

I have bad motion sickness, but 1/2 to 1/4 of a Unisom did the trick for me. That's my OB's remedy for morning sickness and since trying that I have not gotten sick on an airplane or boat since.

That and a martini and I should be just fine! LOL:p :eek:

I just posted this on our roll call...I have just heard from someone currently on board the Star that the stabilizers are fine! No worries! You know even with stabilizers it can be rough going north from Mexico on up!:cool: I personally like some motion :o Sorry, I know I'm weird!

Even though Captain Lars said stabilizers weren't working, I felt they were just not being used. I have had several friends who went to mexico in the last month on different lines and were told the stabilizers were not being used due to gas prices. So who knows? All i know is the boat was rocking first night and last night. I didn't take anything and I felt fine. Never sick to my stomach but even had to take the hangers down in the closet because they kept clanging together and kept me up all night! Have fun

We did!

Michelle

Even though Captain Lars said stabilizers weren't working, I felt they were just not being used. I have had several friends who went to mexico in the last month on different lines and were told the stabilizers were not being used due to gas prices. So who knows? All i know is the boat was rocking first night and last night. I didn't take anything and I felt fine. Never sick to my stomach but even had to take the hangers down in the closet because they kept clanging together and kept me up all night! Have fun

We did!

Michelle

Note to self:Take more clothes for the hangers so they don't rattle! :rolleyes: :p

Note to self:Take more clothes for the hangers so they don't rattle! :rolleyes: :p

It was the last night so all clothes had to be packed and in suitcase for leaving the ship. ha ha ha. maybe i should have brought old clothes to leave there!

Michelle

Archived