Moving cabins after GTY assignment

SusieV

I am pretty sure I remember reading about this but I just wanted to clarify.

If I move from an inside assigned cabin to a category 7 GTY, once I am assigned a cabin, may I then switch to a cabin in the same category that I was assigned but a better location if one is available?

Also, do the cat 7s on Galaxy have portholes or picture windows? There's only one cat 7 left available at the moment so we might get a deluxe oceanview instead, but of course a lot can happen over the next six months!

In the past I have been able to switch cabins after a gty assignment. An aft opened up and I called my TA and the switch was made immediately. Unless the rules have changed in the last 2 years you should be able to switch within the same category.

Also, do the cat 7s on Galaxy have portholes or picture windows? There's only one cat 7 left available at the moment so we might get a deluxe oceanview instead, but of course a lot can happen over the next six months!

The cat 7s on Galaxy have windows, unless you are assigned the first Ocean View on either side (4000 and 4001). They have portholes. The windows of the cat 7s are smaller than those of the cat 5s and 4s on the higher decks. I'd call those true picture windows.

Phil

Archived