Keukenhof Gardens Update (Sat April 19th)

gsquaredstwins

We went today and it was MOBBED !!! In some spots you could barely walk. Since they are only open 4 weeks a year- I guess everyone comes on the weekends.

We had GREAT weather (no rain and we actually had some sun).

The flowers were beautiful to see... so many vibrant colors. Some flower beds were not in bloom yet, but enough were that it really makes no difference. I will say that as we were driving to the gardens on our bus, we passed some tulip fields which were absolutely stunning - vast land masses of colored flowers almost looking like carpet. Wow ! I personally liked that better than being in the gardens. LOL

Avalon gave us 2 hours in the gardens (just an fyi for those of you who care). I am not a flower lover by any means and I felt it was mroe than enough time as most of the people on my bus did as well.

I still can't believe this is my last evening here in Holland I survived a 9 day trip with No RAIN- unbelievable !!!

I hope all of the future travelers on this boards weather is just as good as mine has been.

Gina

Keukenhof is really worth a visit, it is very special.

A small correction: Keukenhof is open betwen Mid March and mid May, which is about 9-10 weeks per year. www.keukenhof.nl

Since you were there on a weekend, yes it can be packed. Tourists also drive in from Belgium/Germany or fly in from GB to see it.

If possible avoid weekends and public holidays for a visit.

It will be more then packed also on April 30, May 1-2-3 because of this.

I was briefly near the fields myself last Thursday and reported in another post. Hyacinths are blooming (and smell delicious). Daffodils are gone, tulips are about to start. Some show colour, but many are still green.

We leave for Amsterdam tomorrow, and I wanted to thank everybody for the updates. It still is chilly there and I'm hoping the tulips feel like blooming over the next week.

Weather is warming up a little. Saturday will be one of the best days, sunny, dry.

After that a chance on a daily shower and a little cooler again.

Stilll. ...not too bad.

Enjoy your trip.

We went today and it was MOBBED !!! In some spots you could barely walk. Since they are only open 4 weeks a year- I guess everyone comes on the weekends.

We had GREAT weather (no rain and we actually had some sun).

The flowers were beautiful to see... so many vibrant colors. Some flower beds were not in bloom yet, but enough were that it really makes no difference. I will say that as we were driving to the gardens on our bus, we passed some tulip fields which were absolutely stunning - vast land masses of colored flowers almost looking like carpet. Wow ! I personally liked that better than being in the gardens. LOL

Avalon gave us 2 hours in the gardens (just an fyi for those of you who care). I am not a flower lover by any means and I felt it was mroe than enough time as most of the people on my bus did as well.

I still can't believe this is my last evening here in Holland I survived a 9 day trip with No RAIN- unbelievable !!!

I hope all of the future travelers on this boards weather is just as good as mine has been.

Gina

We were there the same day from the Amadagio. They had mentioned that they leave early to go there and for good reason. We got a good parking spot and no delay going in. The line going in as we were leaving stretched on for kilometers.

It was a great tour.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Ine---just a note to thank you for your very and most appeciated input on Amsterdam.We had the pleasure visiting your country 48 years ago and we have never forgot the Keukenhof gardens or Madurodam.

Last year I went up in the attic and found my old 35mm slides from 1953-1972 and with luck I was able to put most of them on the computer.The pictures of Keukenhof are still beautiful after almost 50 years.The colors are unreal.Wonderful country and people.

I would be glad to e-mail you the pictures taken almost 50 years ago if you would like.

Again,thank you for you inputs

George & Sara

Austin,Tx

Archived