I am still confused about a table for 2

buckspc

I ask about a table for 2 for (BREAKFAST & LUNCH) in the dinning rooms and got mostly ans. about a table for 2 for dinner which I understand. I will ask again, for breakfast and lunch in the dinning rooms for Anytime dinning can a couple get a table for 2 or is it just load up the big tables as paxs come in? I think some one may have said it can be done and others answered about dinner. We are kinda of romantic and like to eat most of the time alone, just us, Princess Star, May 4th round trip from Seattle. Thanks so much, Buck

Well to start, it is open seating for breakfast and lunch in the diningroom so it wouldn't matter if you had assigned seating for dinner or anytime dining.

Yes, there is a possibility of getting a table for two, it just might be a bit of a wait since breakfast and lunch are usually only served in one diningroom.

You can even get a table for one for breakfast (never tried it for lunch as my brother was always up for that). They are accomodating if you say you prefer to be by yourself (and in my case clutch a book).

I ask about a table for 2 for (BREAKFAST & LUNCH) in the dinning rooms and got mostly ans. about a table for 2 for dinner which I understand. I will ask again, for breakfast and lunch in the dinning rooms for Anytime dinning can a couple get a table for 2 or is it just load up the big tables as paxs come in? I think some one may have said it can be done and others answered about dinner. We are kinda of romantic and like to eat most of the time alone, just us, Princess Star, May 4th round trip from Seattle. Thanks so much, Buck

When you enter the Dining Room for Breakfast or Lunch--just ask for a table for 2 at that time.

You may also ask at dinner--are you anytime or traditional--if traditional--you should have already made your request--if anytime--you may ask at the door--or make reservations either early or for after 8pm

Nancy:D

Our experience is that you really have to be persistent and insist that you get a table for 2. When you walk into the dining room, they will ask you how many. You will need to be very clear...a separate table for 2 only. They have plenty of the small tables at breakfast and lunch so it's not a problem once they understand.

Sometimes I think it's a language issue and they don't understand. Other times, I think they are just getting a count and are only interested in moving the herd through quickly. My parents always request a table for 2 and often times are just shuffled off to any size table that is being loaded. If you see that happening, just stop and redirect them with your request.

Hope I don't sound too negative since it really is a lovely experience.

We have never had a problem at breakfast or lunch. We ask for a "table for 2 ONLY" and that usually does the trick. We enjoy the buffet for breakfast and lunch too, but have eatten in the dining room often for these meals without problems for 2.

We have never had a problem at breakfast or lunch. We ask for a "table for 2 ONLY" and that usually does the trick. We enjoy the buffet for breakfast and lunch too, but have eatten in the dining room often for these meals without problems for 2.

I agree - Just say Table for 2 ONLY and that you will receive.

We have never had a problem on the Star Princess (41 days) getting a table for 2.

when we were on the coral in march we asked for a table for 2 and they

always asked if we would like to sit with other people and we said no. then they seated us at a table for 2 right away if they had one other wise they gave us a pager. we had anytime dinning

I posted this same answer on the other thread that you started.

First come first served for breakfast and lunch, no problem for a table for 2. :)

For dinner for 2 talk with the head waiter at the dining room or the M/D.

There is only 1 dining room open for B/L.

Archived