Shopping near Orient Beach

ocho514

Hi everyone, this may have already been asked before but the search did not want to cooperate with me.....does anyone know if there is anywhere to shop within walking distance of Orient Beach?

The only shopping at the beach consists of some beach shacks selling swimwear, tropical shirts, etc. For heady duty shopping head over to Marigot or back to PhillipsBurg. If you shop before you hit the beach don't leave stuff unguarded while at the beach.

We usually hit the beach first and then head back to downtown at 3 PM or so to give our credit cards a workout.

What are you shopping for? In addition to some small hops on the beach, there are a few in Orient Village, just off the beach, near the Waikiki bar, I believe.

Just souvenirs (sp?)

Thanks for the replies everyone

• 5 weeks later...

The beach shacks on the beach, some of them have cute things but from what I recall most everything was in the euro and with how weak our dollar is I passed on what I was going to buy. One store owner wouldnt even take USD. Argh. If you can I think shopping is WAY better back at port on the dutch side but on the side after you have taken the water taxi.

Hi everyone, this may have already been asked before but the search did not want to cooperate with me.....does anyone know if there is anywhere to shop within walking distance of Orient Beach?

What are you looking for? With a little effort you can get some real treasures right on the beach.

Here are some ideas for a vendor by the name of Heiki:

Heiki1.jpg

Heiki2.jpg

What are you looking for? With a little effort you can get some real treasures right on the beach.

Here are some ideas for a vendor by the name of Heiki:

Heiki1.jpg

Heiki2.jpg

Thanks for the reply Kal, I saw rhis same lady last week when I was at Orient Beach but did not get to see what she was selling.

We have known Heiki for many years and she is simply wonderful! She spends the winter in St. Maarten and then the summer in St. Tropez on the Med. Her jewelry is spectacular and very, very affordable. These are the same goods she sells at St. Tropez where the price is significantly higher.

It's fun to listen to her stories about all the Hollywood beautiful people who purchase her jewelry at ST.

We have known Heiki for many years and she is simply wonderful! She spends the winter in St. Maarten and then the summer in St. Tropez on the Med. Her jewelry is spectacular and very, very affordable. These are the same goods she sells at St. Tropez where the price is significantly higher.

It's fun to listen to her stories about all the Hollywood beautiful people who purchase her jewelry at ST.

We will be in St. Martin of the Indy OTS Sunday Nov 16. Will she be there at that point? DW likes unique jewelry. And on what section does she hang out?

Thanks, KAL.

I don't remember when Heiki will be leaving for the Med so you'll just have to keep an eye out for her. She's normally in the central part of the beach in the mid-afternoon. She doesn't make it to as she says "...where the naked people are".

Heiki4.jpg

Heiki3.jpg

Archived