Pride. Fjords and what to wear

keltic

Paul (Memphis), just making sure you know my intention was not to shoot the messenger! Cands, I agree with you - I think the SB ass. maitre d' (granny's term:D ) must have been having a bad day; that said, I believe we agree it does not justify the action.

Johnny: Of course not! :)

And I agree about him, perhaps, having a "bad" day (or, at least, "bad" for SB!). He also had to deal with the "guests' " complaints. I would hate to be in-between guests with differing opinions, as he was. As I mentioned, he was very tactful in his "suggestion". And enough hee-hawing around: it was I asked to wear long pants, which I did after skipping a day to eat at the Sky Bar grill. ;) And when I watched the Trivia players coming in shorts, I really didn't care, and actually felt sorry at that point for the Ass. Maitre D', fully expecting him to get "more grief" from some of the guests who were originally complaining. In retrospect, he was only trying to do his job....

It's another reason why I don't work in the Hospitality business! :eek: :D

Paul ;)

not one to "rock the boat"....

The thread was originally about "What to wear on the Pride while cruising the Fjords" or something like that, wasn't it?

Conclusion so far: You can only wear shorts in the diningroom during lunch, when trivia has been played!.......... Hi, hi, hi!

I think the longer shorts - the former bermudas - are always allowed in the diningroom for lunch. You also see them during the Galley Market Brunch, the only time we have lunch in the diningroom. Or maybe that is the other exception when it is allowed!

Now what to wear on the Pride in the Fjords? It depends on the weather.

That's the answer. It can be cold ànd it can be (very) warm. It also depends on yourself. For my husband for instance I can bring sweaters and jackets, but he will only wear a polo shirt, 30 or 10 degrees. So you have to question your own body and bring clothes accordingly. I have done the Norwegian Fjords and the itinerary that comes with it several times. All the way up to Spitsbergen, Iceland and the ice edge as well and you can imagine you need a coat there, but sometimes in Oslo it was very hot. It all depends on the day itself and the weather on that day!

Have a great time on the Pride! We will be doing this cruise next year (for a change...) which means we must like it!

Marja

Thank you Sebourn nail. I am affraid it´s too early. But initially, after being aware about what to wear on board, I will think on layer clothes as suggested for outdoors. Excursions to the mountains could means a couple of degrees less than on the pier.

Anyway thanks again.

I was in Bergen on (US) Memorial Day weekend (last weekend of May) a few years ago and it was cold (50F/10C) one day and pleasant (65F/18C) the next. Like Marja advises, you have to be prepared for substantial fluctuations in temperature. I took a pair of shorts but never wore them!

Marja when are you doing the Baltics cruise?

There is no way in this wide World that I could ever work in the hospitality industry........with some of the passengers whining(whinging is the Oz word for it) that I have heard......they would continuously be WEARING their food order!! There was one woman on the Crossing, unfortunatly sitting at the next table to us a lot.......complained ad nauseum about a rude waiter.....but the more she complained the ruder the waiter became (in her mind) we heard the same complaints for about 3 days and we werent even speaking to this woman! The waiter was NEVER rude in the first place.......BUT I was tempted to tip something on her! ;)

Marja when are you doing the Baltics cruise?

It is still a long time from now we will be doing the Norwegian Fjords, not the Baltic Seabourn cruise (May 23 2009). But we will be doing a Baltic cruise quite soon (July 2 2008) on the Silver Wind.

Marja

Well, we had the pleasure of seeing the Pride over hear. So I got my car, drove to the port to see her for the first time. But my first intention is getting just in time to see what the passengers were wearing.

Less casual elegant for daytime as I expected. So plenty of jeans, long sleeve polo shirts, and plenty of confortable clothing.

I checked my balcony suite (from outside), and I was surprised about the size. I expected the Pride to be much smaller, but it´s quite an imposing look. She is sleek, elegant, I would say sexy. And fairly decently big.

I quite enjoyed what I have seen today. I am looking forward to it.

Oh, yes. Absolutely. I am sure of it despite the complains about some crew in some threads.

I am sure everything will be just fine. I am very optimistic in all senses.

Unfortunately the state of the sea wasn´t really nice today, so I affraid they will have a bit of movement tonight. Well, the Atlantic over here could be a bit tricky.

• 1 month later...

Well.............sleepless. Four days to go. And a big High preassure over Scandinavia. Temp reaching 27 with minimum of 14. It sounds really warm.

OK.....rethink again. :-( Warm clothes to the closet again. Shoes?.

Ummmm, still need to bring light autumn boots for walking tours?.

Archived