First time on m-class - cc vs 2C sweet 16 cabin

Travelalot2

This is our first time on Celebrity as we usually cruise RCCL. There are 3 of us that includes myself, daughter and husband and are debating between a CC room on the aft, or, a 2C "sweet 16" balcony cabin for a 12 night cruise. We always cruise on the aft on RCCL and love the larger balconys, however, for this cruise it's $1100 more dollars. Not having been in the 2C cabin (seen photos of the larger balcony though) nor having had the extras with CC before, is it worth $1100 to stick with the aft (approx. $100/day)? We'll be on a M-class ship.

We've done both, and since there are 3 of you, I would definitely opt for the aft CC cabin. First of all, the cabin itself will be larger. And the balcony on the "sweet 16's", while larger than standard balcony cabins, will still be smaller than an aft balcony. Given that this is a 12 night cruise, I'd definitely go with the aft CC. Bigger balcony and bigger cabin.

I also would stick with the aft cabin. What a difference it makes to have that huge balcony to spread out on!

We are now spoiled...couldn't cruise without one, I don't think...we are thinking of taking the kids on a RC cruise...but how will I find a similarly great cabin?????

We have always cruised on RCCL (this is our first X criuse) and book the D1 aft for the larger balconys. They are extremely large and fit 2 lounge chairs and a table with 2 - 4 chairs comfortably. However, in contrast to the X m-class ships, the larger balconys on the Radiance and Voyager classes are on deck 10 and get smaller as you go down.

This is our first time on Celebrity as we usually cruise RCCL. There are 3 of us that includes myself, daughter and husband and are debating between a CC room on the aft, or, a 2C "sweet 16" balcony cabin for a 12 night cruise. We always cruise on the aft on RCCL and love the larger balconys, however, for this cruise it's $1100 more dollars. Not having been in the 2C cabin (seen photos of the larger balcony though) nor having had the extras with CC before, is it worth $1100 to stick with the aft (approx. $100/day)? We'll be on a M-class ship.

We were in a sweet 16 on our March cruise. The cabin was microscopic, I could NOT imagine trying to fit 3 people in there. Me and the DH are skinny people, and we were constantly in each others way. Also don't know if this is a normal problem, but there was no sort of drain on our balcony. We were unable to use our balcony on several occasions because it had 1-2 inches of water. If it rained at night, anytime they washed the decks/windows, etc. We didn't know our cabin came with a wading pool:rolleyes:

Archived