Princess and CC meet and greet

islasisterchick

Has anyone set up a CC meet and greet on a Princess Ship? I've helped set up one on RCCL and Carnival and had great responses from the cruiselines, but Princess doesn't seem too excited to help. There are at least 24 of us now, but they want us to do things like fax in our names and booking numbers (which people aren't wild to give out over the internet) and then they aren't offering much. Has anyone had a better response at doing this? If so, what did you do? Thanks so much for the help!

I tried calling Princess for the m&g we have this Saturday on the Crown , but since I booked through a TA calling princess directly was useless- I was referred back to the my TA.

Apparently Princess isn't very helpful to M&G groups. I'll give you a better response in May if you'd like.

dhall@princesscruises.com

This is the email address at Princess to contact a person who helps set up M&Gs. She facilitated the initial M&G arrangements for our cruise on the Diamond Princess. We had over 30 CCers show up for our first M&G, almost 30for the 2nd, and around 20 for the "farewell party". The CD sent one of his staff to the first one because he had another obligation at that time, but he did come to the 2nd one, along with his "2nd in command".

Princess does not normally provide beverages, and only occasionally provides "dry snacks". But they should set up a time and place for you. When I arranged ours, she asked me for our day, time and location preference. Upon boarding, I had a letter from the CD waiting in my cabin, confirming the plan.

We are sailing on the Ruby 11/29 and I have already contacted Princess via email. I was very quickly responded to telling me I was now in the file and she would contact me again, 90 days out.

That is all I can tell you. But my experience so far is that they do want to help.

I set up a Meet & Mingle onboard Star Princess last November. I received a very quick reply. The ship coordinator didn't ask for any other names or cabin numbers. I just gave her an approximate number of guests and asked for a "cash" bar setup in Skywalker's. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I set up a Meet & Mingle onboard Star Princess last November. I received a very quick reply. The ship coordinator didn't ask for any other names or cabin numbers. I just gave her an approximate number of guests and asked for a "cash" bar setup in Skywalker's. It shouldn't be that difficult.

I see you are from Phila. We have a CC meeting planned May 31st at Nicks.

Go to (last page)

Philly Area Cruisers Meet and Mingle Here

from

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44364

On my 4/6/8 sailing on the CB it was also mentioned on the patter. It was ironic though. I don't recall any type of chatter about meeting up in the first place in the roll-call but I went anyway. One other CCer showed up...

Our roll calls normally set up an initial casual meet and greet for sail-a-way before we leave for the ship. Then we either contact the CD to have another one scheduled during the cruise, or the cruise line has taken it upon itself to schedule one and place the time and place in the Princess Patter for all to see.

This also depends on how many we have on our roll call that want to participate. Larger groups, we definitely contact the CD after boarding. Smaller groups of 25 or less we will just set a time and place ourselves.

The meet and greet set up by Princess is usually best done when there is a larger number of CC'ers on the actual sailing.

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people for all Princess ships:

Berda Davis

Star, Tahitian,

(661) 284-4451

bdavis@princesscruises.com

Diana Hall

Diamond, Sun

(661) 284-4449

dhall@princesscruises.com

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire, Dawn

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Berna Grayr

Emerald

(661) 284-4448

bgrayr@princesscruises.com

Sue Tieman

Grand, Pacific

(661) 284-4446

stieman@princesscruises.com

Coleen Reyes

Crown, Sea

(661) 284-4447

creyes@princesscruises.com

Renee Wittwer

Island, Coral, Ruby

(661) 284-4443

rwittwer@princesscruises.com

Elizabeth Williamson

Caribbean

(661) 284-4442

ewilliamson@princesscruises.com

Jan James

Royal, Golden

(661) 284-4452

jjames@princesscruises.com

Candice Lemell

Special Diets

(661) 284-4450

clemell@princesscruises.com

They have always been more than willing to help for all of our M & G's.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for posting those! It was perfect timing, since I just needed that info.

Don't know if you remember me and Jonathan from the Sapphire Princess cruise in November of 2005. Nice to see you're still actively cruising. We're planning our honeymoon cruise for this August. Hope you and Amelia are doing well!

She is both on the Diamond and the Sun?

Yes, All of these contact people are in the main office in California and they do their coordinating of events and meetings with the ships staff from there.

Hey Joe,

Thanks for posting those! It was perfect timing, since I just needed that info.

Don't know if you remember me and Jonathan from the Sapphire Princess cruise in November of 2005. Nice to see you're still actively cruising. We're planning our honeymoon cruise for this August. Hope you and Amelia are doing well!

Yes, I do remember and as you can see from our signature, we have been back to the Mex. Riv. 3 times since.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and we hope that all goes well for you.

Maybe someday we will be able to cruise together again. Just keep an eye on our countdown clocks and you'll be able to follow our schedule. We are still trying to do at least 2 cruises a year.

Joe

Here is the most recent list of meeting/event contact people for all Princess ships:

Hi Joe, I see our lists are a little different, ours is from September 2007.

Princess On-Board Services Personnel to set up Meet & Greets:

Grand and Island Princess - Sue Tieman - stieman@princesscruises.com

Star Princess - Sergio Lopez - slopez@princesscruises.com

Coral, Crown Princess - Coleen Reyes - creyes@princesscruises.com

Diamond and Sun Princess - Diana Hall - dhall@princesscruises.com

Pacific, Tahitian, Royal Princess - Jan James - jjames@princesscruises.com

(on medical leave as of July 2007 – send to Berda Davis – per email)

Regal and Sapphire Princess - Jenny Streeck - jstreeck@princesscruises.com

Caribbean and Sea Princess - Berda Davis - bdavis@princesscruises.com

Golden, Dawn, Emerald Princess - Berna Grayer - bgrayer@princesscruises.com

We do agree with you that they are extremely helpful.

Rex

Hi Joe, I see our lists are a little different, ours is from September 2007.

We do agree with you that they are extremely helpful.

Rex

My list was forwarded to me from Princess in March, 2008.

The staff was shifted around with the removal of the Regal and the addition of the Ruby.

Joe

I'm on the Emerald on 5/24.

I had contacted Berna Grayer regarding a M&G on board.

While she arrange for a place for us she said Princess does not post anything about private functions in the Patter. We needed to be sure everyone knew about it.

Could this be a ship-by-ship policy instead of a Princess policy?

Hmmmmm

I'm on the Emerald on 5/24.

I had contacted Berna Grayer regarding a M&G on board.

While she arrange for a place for us she said Princess does not post anything about private functions in the Patter. We needed to be sure everyone knew about it.

Could this be a ship-by-ship policy instead of a Princess policy?

Hmmmmm

Yes, this another example of how things are different from one ship to the other and one cruise to the other. Many recent posts say it was posted in the "Patter". The majority of the time we have not had it posted.

The person in charge of our Meet and Greet was notified today that the purser handles things for Cruise Critic functions on the Crown Princess and she only sets the time and location. This was a new one for me! I've heard of the CD being involved from time to time but not the purser. Anyone else heard of this?:confused:

Yes, this another example of how things are different from one ship to the other and one cruise to the other. Many recent posts say it was posted in the "Patter". The majority of the time we have not had it posted.

The person in charge of our Meet and Greet was notified today that the purser handles things for Cruise Critic functions on the Crown Princess and she only sets the time and location. This was a new one for me! I've heard of the CD being involved from time to time but not the purser. Anyone else heard of this?:confused:

The name I was given as the on-board contact is the "Staff Purser".

So I guess this is the person and not the CD who deals with this.

I plan on finding him as soon as we're on board to see what additional help he can provide.

I might not be a bad thing for CC meeting to be in the Patter. That way we can try to recruit new new members and get a couple of months free on CC.

When I am on land tours Derfette and I wear out CC hats trying to troll for new members.

My list was forwarded to me from Princess in March, 2008.

The staff was shifted around with the removal of the Regal and the addition of the Ruby.

Joe

Joe, thanks for that, we'll update our list.

Rex

• 5 years later...

Just came across this thread. I have coordinated numerous Cruise Critic Meet & Greets, Cabin Crawls, Poker Runs, Slot Pulls, Cocktail Parties, and more since 2009 on Princess. I have made arrangements and reserved meeting space as far in advance as the day an itinerary was released. There are numerous "Princess Angels" to contact based on the ship.

Please feel welcome to ask away. :)

Archived