How can I check on stateroom availabilty?

Is it me or does the search function on this site stink?

I am trying to check availabilty of a specific stateroom but can't remember the site that will let me do it. Will someone please refresh my memory?

Thanks

Sites will only allow you to see 7-9 cabins from each category that is available. I think icruise allows you to put in a cabin number to see if its available. But if it doesnt show doesnt mean its not. A travel agent may have it booked with a block of cabins they are looking to sell. Best best is to call Royal.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Keep in mind that the reps at RCI may not be clued in as well. When we booked, I called RCI first and asked if any aft cabins were available. They looked and told me no. I asked specific cabin numbers (ie 9690, 8690, 7688 plus other sides), and they said no. Then I heard about the sites on this board to check (I use cruiseshopping.com and cheaptickets.com) which also let you enter a specific cabin number.

However, you MUST be in the right category when you check. So if you're looking under D1's and enter any of the rooms I mentioned, it will show them as not available since they're E1's. I found on those sites that 8690, 8390, 7388, and 7688 were all available for our cruise, and called RCI. They then confirmed that they were available when I told them to check E1's.

I might have just had a brain-dead person the first time. All these cabins "might" have suddenly opened up, but I doubt it. More likely, they were looking in the wrong category as I did the first time I tried, especially since I was booking during the times they were switching from the DA/DB to E1/E2 type rooms.

Point is - check on your own, but make sure you're using a current book for your cabin categories. Check with RCI and make sure they check correctly if their info doesn't agree with yours!

Days until Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;09;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Big Red Boat '88,

Fair Princess '90,

Norway '91,

Regal Princess '91,

Carnival Fantasy '93,

Regent Rainbow '95,

Big Red Boat '98,

Disney Wonder '00,

Grand Princess 11/16/03,

Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04

Archived