why use costco or other card for your safe

I questioned it too, I thought maybe it had something to do with the Grandeur getting into port so late on Saturday. Maybe they figured it was faster to collect the cards and scan them all out later than to have everyone scan themselves off.

I just got off Grandeur and I kept my card. They never tried to take it.

Grandeur uses the magnetic strip for safe access. I used a health insurance card.

Besides all the reasons already given the safes don´t operate reliable with the Seapass cards, don´t ask me why, but the maintanance guy and the security guy that had to come to my cabin to open the safe after I had to sign some waiver forms said the biggest problem with the safes is people using their seapass cards to operate them.

So I wouldn´t even use an old Seapass for it. I take an expired credit card from now on.

I had saved some expired cards in case we would need them on a Carnival cruise. 2 are from grocery stores, & the other one is a Hallmark store card. I remember we had a problem with a card working years ago so I wanted to have a couple extra with us this time.

I can't imagine someone trying to take my Sea Pass card away from us when we leave the ship!! I would be so mad since I do put them in our album.

I was hoping that Carnival had changed over to programing your own #'s to open the safe. Much easier than having to share the same card to open the safe.

Gail

I am confused :confused: as to why people dont use their room key to open safe?

Can some one please clear up?

thank you

I'm surprised RCCL has credit card safes on some of their ships. Can anyone tell me if Explorer has these or combinations?

I don't remember having to use a card on any RCI ship, but someone else might know for sure. When we went on the Explorer, we did not have to use a card. We used #'s to program the safe.

Gail

Thanks for the thread. I didn't even think about the safe. I do remember the one on Carnival, now though. We took a grocery card for it.

We're leaving on the Monarch on Friday. I'm curious too, which safes do the Monarch have?

Thanks.

Archived