SakeDad's OFFICIAL REVIEW of Star Repo 4/24/08 Cruise...LONG

SakeDad

Thank you for posting your review. I read that you stored your luggage at Vancouver before you went on the trolley tour.

Please, where is the luggage storage place? I do want to know since most likely we may be doing a one nighter that docks at Vancouver next year and this time book a flight from Vancouver instead of SEATAC.

We never saw the long Express line that you described since we probably disembarked by 8:30 a.m.

Thanks.

Great balanced review. Thank you so much for posting it. And, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise - because I've enjoyed your prior posts!

I just wish there was a NCL/HAL cloned together ship - where one received the HAL pampering and food (from what I'm hearing), with the NCL Freestyle. We might just have to try HAL sometime (even though I'm pretty incorrigible and hate timetables that I don't self-impose). But, at the same time, I love to be pampered at a reasonable price point. Hopefully, 2.0 will solve this personal issue of mine.

HAL has "Freestyle" dining. You can set up for their "As you wish" Dining Style or you can go to the "Buffet" where the dinner they serve you pretty much what is on the menu in the main dining rooms that evening. You get your own salad, apps, and soup, but they then take your dinner order and bring it to your table. Bar staff is on the ready and so is waitstaff. No need to dress up at all. I even saw them serve Lobster in the Buffet when someone asked for it specially on "Lobster Night". So get pampered and dine when YOU want.

Thank you for posting your review. I read that you stored your luggage at Vancouver before you went on the trolley tour.

Please, where is the luggage storage place? I do want to know since most likely we may be doing a one nighter that docks at Vancouver next year and this time book a flight from Vancouver instead of SEATAC.

We never saw the long Express line that you described since we probably disembarked by 8:30 a.m.

Thanks.

When you disembark and get to where the cabs and buses are there is a SMALL counter to the left that will take your luggage. They are only open until 4:30pm or you can have it shipped to the airport for $15CAD extra for 4 bags.

HAL has "Freestyle" dining. You can set up for their "As you wish" Dining Style or you can go to the "Buffet" where the dinner they serve you pretty much what is on the menu in the main dining rooms that evening. You get your own salad, apps, and soup, but they then take your dinner order and bring it to your table. Bar staff is on the ready and so is waitstaff. No need to dress up at all. I even saw them serve Lobster in the Buffet when someone asked for it specially on "Lobster Night". So get pampered and dine when YOU want.

We loved the As You Wish Dining on HAL. We ate when and where we wanted and never had a problem. Although I will say there is something missed when you don't have the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.

We loved the As You Wish Dining on HAL. .

Wow, I didn't know that!

Maybe there are other cruise lines besides NCL and Princess who will let one eat when they are actually hungry! Love that!

Thanks for the head's-up.

Great review and beautiful pictures.

We loved the As You Wish Dining on HAL. We ate when and where we wanted and never had a problem. Although I will say there is something missed when you don't have the same waitstaff for the entire cruise.

While we ate in the buffet (Lido is it on Noordam?) almost every night, we did get the same waiter and bar server. Knew our names and what we drank and was waiting for us every evening. One night we went to the Pinnicle Grill and when we returned to the buffet the following evening they asked if everything was ok, they missed us the night before! And given that there were not as many diners in the buffet for dinner, they were there with what we wanted before we even knew we wanted it!Truth be told, we never set foot in the dining rooms and never had a disappointing meal the entire time.

Wow, I didn't know that!

Maybe there are other cruise lines besides NCL and Princess who will let one eat when they are actually hungry! Love that!

Thanks for the head's-up.

Great review and beautiful pictures.

RCCL is now trying anytime dining out on one or more ships and Carnival is going to start an experiment on the Legend in July. People seem to want more flexibility and the cruiselines are adjusting - slowly.

Archived