Planning a Family Cruise - Help!

We're looking to book a trip with the kids in June 2009 on Freedom of the Seas. We've never cruised with the kids before so not sure what type of room we should get. The kids will be 7 & 4 when we go. Not sure if we should do two adjoining rooms or a suite. Any helpful hints is appreciated. We're trying to keep the costs under control. And what's with the Family Suite on FOS? Online they won't let you view the room or give pricing, need to call RCI.

Also, regarding the Adventure Camp for the kids, is this inclusive in the cruise price or is there a separate cost to use this program.

Thanks!

As you are considering a suite or adjoining rooms, but wanting to keep costs down, I'd recommend booking a balcony and an interior stateroom. There are two of these configurations on Deck 9 of the 'Freedom', aft on both sides of the ship. :)

As you are considering a suite or adjoining rooms, but wanting to keep costs down, I'd recommend booking a balcony and an interior stateroom. There are two of these configurations on Deck 9 of the 'Freedom', aft on both sides of the ship. :)

We booked these rooms for the summer of 09, thanks to a tip from another family here.

Our children are a bit older, 11 & 10, we think it will work out perfect, We originally had a JR Suite, now we have 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 TV's, and the children have there own beds and we have some privacy.

If they want out on the balcony they have to come through our room and the rooms have adjoining doors where all access to the outside world will be through our room. Did I mention it was a $1000.00 "savings";)

We're looking forward to it, we have done 2 Disney cruises in the past 3 years, they were excellent, just trying something new.....on Disney we had one room which was comfortable Cat 4, but I think this set up will work great!

We're looking to book a trip with the kids in June 2009 on Freedom of the Seas. We've never cruised with the kids before so not sure what type of room we should get. The kids will be 7 & 4 when we go. Not sure if we should do two adjoining rooms or a suite. Any helpful hints is appreciated. We're trying to keep the costs under control. And what's with the Family Suite on FOS? Online they won't let you view the room or give pricing, need to call RCI.

Also, regarding the Adventure Camp for the kids, is this inclusive in the cruise price or is there a separate cost to use this program.

Thanks!

I am not sure why you need two rooms?? We have cruised with our two kids who were 7 & 8 at the time and we only had one cabin and were just fine. We cruised on the Sovereign in a superior ocean view and had plenty of room. Our cabin had two pullmans and then the two other beds. We were rarely in the room other than to sleep so things worked out great! I do not see why you would want to get two rooms for two young kids? To each his own. :) If you do want more room then I would go with a suite instead of two cabins. Like I said, we are never in the room except to change clothes or to sleep so two cabins would be a waste because you can have enough beds in one cabin for all four of you.

You might check out the family oceanview rooms. We had one on Enchantment and it was fabulous. I liked having 2 separate sleeping areas and a sitting area. It made family travel really easy.

Thanks!

Adventure Ocean is included in the price of the cruise. RCI's kids program is the best in the industry. Have your kids go to it. They will have a blast.

Archived