Which ship with 5 kids- Valor or Conquest?

luckynumber6

Hello -

Though my husband and I cruise often. This will be the first time taking our five children (ages 5-12). We are planning the trip for next June. We cannot decide between the The Conquest (Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) or the The Valor (Grand Cayman, Roatoan, Belize, Cozumel). Prices difference is about $200 fro us with the Conquest being more expensive due to airfare. Please, any suggestion on what ship would be better or what ports are better would really help. Picking the ship has been the hardest... We really appreciate any help - Thanks!

I don't think there will be much of a difference in this two ships as they are both the same class of ship and should offer about the same type of activities for kids such as Camp Carnival and other things for teenagers. I would go with either one and make my decision by other factors with price and itinerary being the main two.

Hello -

Though my husband and I cruise often. This will be the first time taking our five children (ages 5-12). We are planning the trip for next June. We cannot decide between the The Conquest (Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel) or the The Valor (Grand Cayman, Roatoan, Belize, Cozumel). Prices difference is about $200 fro us with the Conquest being more expensive due to airfare. Please, any suggestion on what ship would be better or what ports are better would really help. Picking the ship has been the hardest... We really appreciate any help - Thanks!

We took the Valor (Exotic Western) to Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel with our two kids last year and loved it so much that we took the Western Caribbean earlier this month (Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios) with the Freedom. The only port we did not like too much was Belize (with the Valor) and that is the reason we did not take the Valor again this year, they had the same route. Have a great time!!!;)

Less money and one more stop? Valor. Those two ships are the same anyway, aren't they? Jamaica was by far the least favorite place we've ever been on a cruise. You won't miss it. We were in Roatan last week. I went diving with a friend, but my DH went with the rest of our group to a beach on the West End that he said was one of the most beautiful he'd ever seen. Just my luck......:rolleyes:

I would definately give up MoBay and the Conquest for Belize and Roatan........plus if it's cheaper for you to go on the Valor that would also be a big plus.....

As someone else said, the ships have exactly the same deck plans and kids programs........

I would definately give up MoBay and the Conquest for Belize and Roatan........plus if it's cheaper for you to go on the Valor that would also be a big plus.....

As someone else said, the ships have exactly the same deck plans and kids programs........

Never been to MoBay, but DH has been really wanting to go. Why would you give this port up? Thanks in advance.

We just got back from the Conquest. We had friends with us that had kids , they tried the kids club and really didn't like it. I have taken my kids in the past and Carnival always had great activities for the kids, but I think it has gone way down hill. And as stated before the Conquest is in need of refurbishing which will be done in Sept. we were told. The ports that Valor visits are way better. We did cave tubing in Belize and the kids loved it!! I would pick Valor.

I have done the Western Caribbean several times. I much prefer the itinerary of the Valor. Four stops and cheaper as well - wow, go for it! Don't count Belize out - I am booked on another Western Caribbean (HAL Veendam) this fall and I chose the itinerary partly because it does include Belize. There is a wide variety of excursions available either from the ship or from independent tour guides in the port area. Cave tubing, Mayan ruins, boat rides, and much more are available in Belize. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the Wet Lizard in Belize (in the port area). I agree with some who have cautioned to avoid or use caution outside the port area unless on an organized tour, however - there are some aggressive vendors and it is not monitored like inside the port area. On one of our trips we did the city and country tour and I think it was very sobering for my teen son to see the deteriorated living conditions and shopping areas in parts of Belize (of course, the tour also passed by some lovely homes as well including some of the former embassys when Belize was the capital). Belize is very beautiful but it is a nation with a high population of children - you will see many schools on the city tour. Roatan is also a wonderful stop - there is a lot to do if you like water activities. Either way you choose, enjoy your cruise.

I have been on both ships and they are very similar. I would avoid Jamaica. I have never been scared to walk around at a port but there I ran back inside the guarded gates. People were putting their arms through the fence trying to call you over and when you went out to the shops they were very aggresive. If I ever go back the only way I would get off the ship is on a tour to a resort. The ATV tour we did had some beautiful views but was very short and for people who had never ridden before.

We did both of these cruises with the kids (same ship, same itinerary). They were both great! Even had a great day in Montego Bay at Rose Hall Beach. Not one minute of fear anywhere there. Just be smart and plan ahead.

As someone else said -- just decide if you want more sea days or more port days. You can't go wrong with either. I loved these two cruises and would do them both again in a minute (and so would my kids).

Valor has the big screen on the Lido deck and mini golf. I don't think Conquest has those things yet. I've done two Valor cruises, and it's a fantastic ship. LOVE the western itinerary.

I've only taken one cruise so I don't really have any advice but wanted to say I was on the Conquest in Oct and they do have mini golf but no big screen. :)

If I were you I'd probably choose the Valor simply because it's a tad cheaper.

I've only taken one cruise so I don't really have any advice but wanted to say I was on the Conquest in Oct and they do have mini golf but no big screen. :)

If I were you I'd probably choose the Valor simply because it's a tad cheaper.

Conquest goes into dry dock in Jan 09 when its supposed to get the new MUTS big screen.

I did the Valor with two boys 6 & 8.

Great trip. Will do it again!

Be careful though.

I went to an excursion at Gumbalina Park Info Roatan to see the monkeys and parrots and came back with Malaria.

Was sick for 4 months before they figured it out.

Get immunized!!

Archived