Odd question for those who have had an upsell

falken

Good question! Our upsell was from a K to a DD, for $80 total for the cabin.

Although it can be hard to find, they do maintain a record of your original booked category. I just copied this from an NCL website for our reservation record:

Pricing Category - K Berthing Category - DD

The "upsell" is considered a "free" upgrade, but you do pay for the "free" part, so "nothing is free" as we all know.

The first time we got an upsell from AF to AB, it just stated "AB" on the itin.

Last year upthe upsell from AF to AC, it stated "AF - upsell to AC and the new cabin number".

We have always gotten the call after we received luggage tags. What I do is use a computer label to cover the old cabin number with the new cabin number.

We printed out the paper luggage tags that you get with the e-docs. We had real luggage tags mailed to us, but after an upsell you do not get new tags, so we had to throw them away, as they were the wrong cabin.

After printing and folding, I took wide packing tape and "laminated" the paper and then stapled it around the suitcase handle. I am hopeful it will last at least through the embarkation process.

We printed out the paper luggage tags that you get with the e-docs. We had real luggage tags mailed to us, but after an upsell you do not get new tags, so we had to throw them away, as they were the wrong cabin.

After printing and folding, I took wide packing tape and "laminated" the paper and then stapled it around the suitcase handle. I am hopeful it will last at least through the embarkation process.

We never throw away the original luggage tags.

We just cross out the suite number and write in the "new" suite number with a permanent marker.

Never a problem;)

Archived