Need a buddy for weight loss

Mommy4- I think you've got it! Don't forget the Skinny Cows if love ice cream sandwiches! They also make a 100 cal Klondike now! I also have the Sugar Free Jello Pudding, 1 pt!

Cindy great to hear about your 3lb loss last week, that's awesome news.

Jenn, love the idea about the cilantro in the FF Ranch dressing, these are really great ideas.

Mommy4- I think you've got it! Don't forget the Skinny Cows if love ice cream sandwiches! They also make a 100 cal Klondike now! I also have the Sugar Free Jello Pudding, 1 pt!

quote]

Skinny cows...they are the BEST!!!Yummmmy. 100 cal Klondike. Love Klondikes...will have to give this a try when the time is right!

Good Morning everyone!!!!!! Let's see? stats first:

SW - 260

GW-200

TW -254 down 4lbs on my lose 10%. I gave up the fastfoods for a week and I am happy. Sticking to the "Y" and walking the puppy.

jenwoist I will swim with the Dolphins in Couzmel, and mommy4lyfe thanks for the fatfree dessert. I will try it. I want to thank every one for your encouragement. To all that are trying by making small changes, they do add up, Kudos to the one who cut the people loose that were talking out of both sides of their necks :D removing stress does wonders for the body!!! Thanks for making me feel welcome Have a great day:)

Sounds like a great plan! I just tried something a little exciting as far as ff dressings go! Fat free Ranch mixed with chopped cilantro. The cilantro adds extra flavor. My new kick is a wheat flour tortilla filled with grilled chicken, lots of shredded lettuce, slivered unsalted almonds. (a wrap). I dip my wrap into the fat free ranch with cilantro. Love it! Today is day 5 for me. I'm going to start writing what day I'm on so I can keep track.

That recipe is creative and sounds yummy.

I wish that I wasn't so intimidated to hop on the scale. I'm just not ready yet. I haven't gone off track though, so something's got to give! It's been so long since I've been on a diet, I forget how long it takes before people actually notice a weight loss!

Don't worry about what people notice, it is what you know. I am sure you have lost weight:). An alternative to the scale is to try on an outfit that was a little snug and see how it fits. Sometimes the scale don't tell the truth. My doctor said your weight can vary between 3lbs per day.:eek:

Good Morning everyone!!!!!! Let's see? stats first:

SW - 260

GW-200

TW -254 down 4lbs on my lose 10%. I gave up the fastfoods for a week and I am happy. Sticking to the "Y" and walking the puppy.

Thanks for making me feel welcome Have a great day:)

Congratulations on your weight loss. Exercise is one of the keys to weight loss and a healthy body.

mycruz - I saw skinny cow in the grocery store. I must try that. The sugar free jello pudding is that ice cream or just the dessert pudding?

moonpie - Congratulations on not gaining. Maintain is good.

Have a great day:D

SF Pudding Snacks can be a dessert and it also can count towards one of your daily milk product requirements! a 2fer for only 1 point! I'm excited because I just found some coupons for them in Sunday's paper.....I'm back on track today with my exercise, rode my bike for about 40 minutes and then went swimming for 20 minutes, I've earned 4 activity points today so I feel really good.....time to get ready for work :(

Okay, I guess it's time to post my weekly weigh-in. I don't want to do it, but...

sw-188

lw-173

cw-174:mad:

gw-145

:confused:I'm a little frustrated at being up a lb when I've been staying on plan, but I know it's probably just normal fluctuations. I just need to focus on wearing shorts on my cruise! Right now I won't wear shorts, but Aug. in the caribbean will be miserable if I don't so...that's motivation to stay on task!

Congrats to all who lost or didn't gain!

:confused:I'm a little frustrated at being up a lb when I've been staying on plan, but I know it's probably just normal fluctuations.quote]I think it's just water weight to tell you the truth. Did you eat anything extra salty like pickles, pretzels?

Laura, I'm thinking it's also water retention....think about what you have eaten or take a look at your journal if you are writing everything down.

I find it interesting what the different things are that are motivating us for our next cruise. Laura has said it's because she wants to wear shorts, I'm wanting to be comfortable in the plane seat. We have a long transatlantic flight and we'll be doing a lot of shore excursions.

What is everyone elses motivation for their next cruise?

Okay, I guess it's time to post my weekly weigh-in. I don't want to do it, but...

sw-188

lw-173

cw-174:mad:

gw-145

:confused:I'm a little frustrated at being up a lb when I've been staying on plan, but I know it's probably just normal fluctuations. I just need to focus on wearing shorts on my cruise! Right now I won't wear shorts, but Aug. in the caribbean will be miserable if I don't so...that's motivation to stay on task!

Congrats to all who lost or didn't gain!

Laura :), I agree with all, it is most likely water retention. My doctor told me that our weight can fluctuate by 3lbs daily. Weigh yourself everyday for a week and see how your weight fluctuate. I got on the scale and it said 178 and I know I weigh 175. Got back on the scale 2 hours later it said 175, got back on the scale the next day and it said 176, same day it went back to 175. Today the scale says 174. Weight fluctuate.

As far as wearing shorts, where them. I were bermuda shorts to hide my cellulite. Everyone tells me I don't look like I am over weight however they don't see the cellulite. Also sometimes I buy my shorts a little bigger, which gives the illusion that I am smaller. My shorts are not that much bigger, I wear a size 12 and in some shorts I will buy a size 13/14. When I do that I hear you look great; or I see that you are loosing weight.

Cheer up;);)

I weight in tonight and I don't think I will be lower.. I didn't have a great food weekend. Ate out a lot... I have been exercising though.. I am trying not to stress out too much though. As long as I can continue exercising M-F I am happy.

My motivation is liking the pictures that are taken and being able to wear cute clothes and not stretch shorts and baggy t-shirts.. I would love to lessen the appearance of my cellulite too so I am really concentrating on squats and lunges. Also, ab exercises..

As of now I wear loose shirts. So I would love to lose my midsection..

What is everyone elses motivation for their next cruise?

Great question.

I want to wear a really pretty formal, you know a slinky silky looking thing. And in a color other than black!

We cancelled our Disney cruise :( and booked South America instead :). It is Norwegian and since we have never sailed them and experienced freestyle cruising we don't know if they have formal night.

Hi everyone. I have been reading the posts but been off and on.. I was researching a new lens for my camera.. So I'm excited about getting that tomorrow. Was suppose to get it today but it didn't come :mad:. Oh well. On to the weight.

Ya my weight also goes up and down threw the day by about 2 pounds. I also gained a pound last week from my reading two weeks ago.. I figure as long as your average is still going down then thats good.. Its always nice to see the number keep coming down. But I guess it sometimes doesn't happen that way.

We also had to cancel our cruise. :( Well my father in law did.. So no family cruise this year. But my husband and I plan on doing our own cruise. We don't have it planned yet. But my husband wants to do something this year.. We will see, but I'm still sticking to my weight lose goal..

I would like to be able to fit into the clothes that I wore on my last cruise six years ago. This way, I won't have to buy any! :)

That last time I was thinner and had cool clothes..hmmmm...i think they are WAY OUT OF STYLE now! LOL

Guys weirdest thing...my feet are getting narrower. I already have pretty slim feet but some of my shoes are starting to slip off. Geee...I don't need it to come off my feet...the waist baby, the waist!!!

I totally missed my Monday weigh in! I was actually surprised that I was only up a pound since I had a few too many beers last week! I swear I can stick to my plan really well and then in one week I have a going away party, a trip to a dinner theatre and a BBQ all in a three day spread! Oh well just have to get right back on track right!!

I have more then just one thing that motivates me! I want to get a cute swimsuit, not just choose between the handful of them that they make in my size! I want a "sexy" formal dress, and I want to feel really good about myself everytime I step out of my room, I don't want to feel like the "fat girl" of the group anymore!

I hope everyone won't think I am silly, but I am excited. I plan my food at night for the next day so that I can stay on track. Today for lunch I planned 1/2 can tuna in water, 2 cups toss salad a tbls of LF mayo along with 5 ritz crackers; total 5 points. The ritz crackers are 2 points, I looked at the crackers and said "you are not worth 2 points", instead I had a high fiber caramel and oats bar for 2 points. I am full and satisfied.:D:D I can not recall the last time I felt like that. I actually made a healthy nutritious decision that gave me great pleasure.;)

By the way DH said he likes the way I am eating now. He is now giving me support. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder is it because he actually get home cook meals with plenty for him to eat or the fact that he was:eek: when I told him that I weigh 175lbs. This in my first week on WW, I wonder how much weight I will loose this week, so far just 1lb and I am exercising and not going over my points.:confused:

Would you girls get upset if I joined in? I'm trying to lose around 35 lbs (16 kilos) before a cruise in September (for my 50th b'day).....

If it's ok I'll post all the relevant facts tomorrow, and start the usual diary entries etc :)

Tim

Would you girls get upset if I joined in? I'm trying to lose around 35 lbs (16 kilos) before a cruise in September (for my 50th b'day).....

If it's ok I'll post all the relevant facts tomorrow, and start the usual diary entries etc :)

Tim

Hey Tim... join away...you just have to be supportive!!! :) And Tim, I like the kilos thing...it makes it seem not so bad! I'll have to figure mine out in kilos. ;)

Tim

Sure weight isn't limit to a women or man thing.. :D Glad to have you.

South America is definitely on my list of future cruises. NCL should also have formal nights so get that slinky little dress ready.

Check out this interesting article on MSN

http://health.msn.com/weight-loss/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100204558&page=1

Thanks for the article. It is a great read, and very informative.

Hey Tim, welcome! Glad to have you join us and Happy 50th!

Gladys, so glad to hear things are going well between you, WW and your hubby! I've also begun cooking more since I've joined WW. I really like to take recipies that I see on Food Network and make them lower in fat. The recipie builder is great.

Mary

Aren't we typical women? We won't tell our husbands but we will post it on a message board for ALL to see! LOL

I am LOL because that is so true;)

I would never tell my husband what I weigh lol!

I hope I don't regret it. If DH ask me to help him with yard work to work off some of the weight. Need I say "Joke Over" :(

Tim

I don't mind. However I am a Lady and not a girl:).

Here is something funny, DH and I use to host a lot of formal social functions and the invitations went out from Lord (DH last name) and Lady Gladys (my first name) addressed to Lord and Lady (guest name). It became a habit of addressing each other as Lord and Lady. One day I was dropping my DD off at school and I heard someone say "Good Morning Lady Gladys and I turn and saw one of our past dinner guest and of course I spoke saying Good morning Lord ____. Rumors and more rumors started around our children's school and throughout the neighborhood that I am some type of Dignitary hiding in the mist of common people (lol and again lol). Gladys is who I am and Gladys I will always be; hopefully I will be a 30lbs lighter Gladys. However all those social functions help contribute to my weight gain:confused: and contributed to DH's male ego. :eek:

Archived