Need a buddy for weight loss

I love water so it's not hard to fit that in... The coke zero is better than diet. I can't stand diet... Coke zero is especially good when it is icy cold.. I didn't have a great day since we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie.. I had coke and popcorn.. (and a few m&m's, they were dark chocolate though so at least that's a little better..) You just have to have regular coke at a movie..;)

Tomorrow will be better..

Good morning!

So, how was the movie!

I have exactly 100 days until we sail, and less if I'm going to need new clothes to shop for! That's what I'm hoping anyways. So far I am down 1.5 pounds this week. Yes, I weigh myself everyday, I know I shouldn't but it keeps me on track. The refocus has really helped this week. I'm actually looking forward to weigh in on Monday since I just finished my weekend, the hardest part of my week is over.

Mary

Hey all;

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!! I usually work the weekends so it isn't too bad for me as far as going off the diet.

Well I have increased my walks in the afternoon from 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles. I found a route in my sub that is 1 1/3 miles ounce round and the shorter street is 7/10 of a mile, so I have combined the two!!!

I have been doing better about drinking water as well. I will have to try coke zero too. I like the idea of having to drink my 8 glasses before I have a soda.... I think I will try it.

mycruz: The movie was great!

I am only trying to weight myself once a week because my husband and I have a friendly wager going on so we decided to only weigh once a week. COngrats on you 1.5 pound weight loss.. That's my limit for weekly weight loss because of the breastfeeding. If I can lose 1.5 pounds a week until my cruise it would put me in the 150's which I would be ecstatic about.

Keep up the good work everyone..

Mycruz...you go girl. That is great..keep up the good work.

Mommie...I have heard mixed reviews of the movie. I heard a guy say there was too much action at the end...you don't think so?

Good luck with the long weekend ahead. Weekends are the toughest for me. ARGH! For some reason i want to eat everything in sight. I don't understand it! :rolleyes:

Water is the hardest for me to get down. It frustrates me. I drink a glass and then I have to go the bathroom. I guess my poor kidneys are so excited not having to filter anything they "let it pass" quickly. It is irritating. But I have to admit, I am getting better. I am up to about 70oz a day now.

wernew2cruising: there was a lot of action but I enjoyed it. Everyone has gotten older, of course. I try not to go in expecting too much from a movie. I really like the Indy movies though so I thought it was good..

These cravings are killing me. I seem to have no willpower against junk food. I am having a hard time getting motivated too. I need a personal chef and trainer to come live with me for the next 6 months.. ;)

wernew2cruising: there was a lot of action but I enjoyed it. Everyone has gotten older, of course. I try not to go in expecting too much from a movie. I really like the Indy movies though so I thought it was good..

These cravings are killing me. I seem to have no willpower against junk food. I am having a hard time getting motivated too. I need a personal chef and trainer to come live with me for the next 6 months.. ;)

Ahhhh those cravings!!! This is why I am doing Medifast. It is working too. I am starting to lose my, "i want to nibble here and there" AND I don't want chips anymore. So I am excited. When I get to where I want then hopefully real food will be easier for me to handle.

Don't eat "diet" food. I have herd that is the worst to eat. It gets you addicted to it. There was a study done were people drank diet coke and some drank regular coke.. The people lost more weight just drinking regular coke then the people drinking the "diet" coke. And they didn't get addict to the drink.. Of course it was a study so you can take for for what it is worth to you.

If you are going to have a snack have something healthy.. Like maybe strawberries or something else you like to eat. Thats what I try to do.. But I also sometimes go for stuff I shouldn't.. But I'm getting better at it..

Kudos you are so right! If you look at the labels you'll see that most of the "diet" foods actually have replaced the fat grams with more sugar or carbs. Recent study has also shown that many people have a tendency to become addicted to the carbs in these foods. So good advice, eat healthy and you won't have the cravings eventually. Just like when I quit smoking, I had to learn to get over those cravings by substituting something healthy to do instead of smoking.

I found your thread and would like to join. Sounds like a great group. I haven't read all 10 pages, so I'm not sure if there is a listing of everyone. If not, maybe we could start one:

Sue (55) 182lbs 5'4" Cruise 11/10/08 want to lose 32 lbs in 24 weeks

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's successes. :)

I found your thread and would like to join. Sounds like a great group. I haven't read all 10 pages, so I'm not sure if there is a listing of everyone. If not, maybe we could start one:

Sue (55) 182lbs 5'4" Cruise 11/10/08 want to lose 32 lbs in 24 weeks

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's successes. :)

welcome welcome. :)

Hi everyone!

Cheated a little this week knowing that my cruise was coming up. Last time I checked, my weight was staying the same. It's also that time of the month for me, so I know I'm a little bloated. I leave tomorrow for my cruise, so I will be posting my pre-cruise weight before I head to the pier!

Welcome Sue! so glad to have you join in!

Kudos, I live in Hunter's Creek which is south Orange Co. we are halfway between the airport and Disney.

I think my focus has really paid off this week, I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow, even though I weigh everyday, it's the Monday weighin that counts.

I'm off to the farmer's market for some fresh fruits and veggies.

Mary

Hello

I heard that being accountable to someone when it comes to weight loss is very successful. I would love to have a weight loss buddy. I live in the Washington DC Metro area and I need to lose about 30lbs. I have a serious problem with junk food. I have a tread mill in my house and a power walker. I start diet and exercise programs and than I stop. I have no support at home, my DD and DH does not have a weight problem. I have no will power. I once had a friend who I was accountable to for weight loss. We exercised together and gave accountability of what we ate everyday. That happen years ago and we lost the weight. Although looking back on those younger years I really did not need to loose weight. I remember those fond times and would like to do the same thing again.

Is there anyone who want to be my weight loss buddy that lives in the DC Metro area? I really need help.

Hello

I heard that being accountable to someone when it comes to weight loss is very successful. I would love to have a weight loss buddy. I live in the Washington DC Metro area and I need to lose about 30lbs. I have a serious problem with junk food. I have a tread mill in my house and a power walker. I start diet and exercise programs and than I stop. I have no support at home, my DD and DH does not have a weight problem. I have no will power. I once had a friend who I was accountable to for weight loss. We exercised together and gave accountability of what we ate everyday. That happen years ago and we lost the weight. Although looking back on those younger years I really did not need to loose weight. I remember those fond times and would like to do the same thing again.

Is there anyone who want to be my weight loss buddy that lives in the DC Metro area? I really need help.

Have you tried any weight loss center in the DC area.. I'm sure you have plenty up there.. Like Weight Watchers or something like that. I don't go to those places. But if you need support that would be a good place to start..

Or you could use this board. Why don't you have support at home? I would think you husband would want to help you out. Anyways, as for the junk food problem. Start cutting back on carbs, processed carbs and the sodas. And start drinking more water. That probably will stop some of you cravings. Also when you want junk food go for something more healthy. Like strawberries.. They are sweet and probably more healthy then junk food.. Its probably going to take a while to get over junk food...

Well thats my ideals. Some the other may have more ideals...

Have you tried any weight loss center in the DC area.. I'm sure you have plenty up there.. Like Weight Watchers or something like that. I don't go to those places. But if you need support that would be a good place to start..

Or you could use this board. Why don't you have support at home? I would think you husband would want to help you out. Anyways, as for the junk food problem. Start cutting back on carbs, processed carbs and the sodas. And start drinking more water. That probably will stop some of you cravings. Also when you want junk food go for something more healthy. Like strawberries.. They are sweet and probably more healthy then junk food.. Its probably going to take a while to get over junk food...

Well thats my ideals. Some the other may have more ideals...

Thanks for the tipss, I will attempt to try the strawberry and water. I don't have any support at home because DH like my size. I am a size 12 and DH thinks that is the perfect size. DD(16) likes junk food and she weighs 104lb, however her junk food eating is not as bad as mine. She is going thru her teen years and don't have time for mommy. All my other friends don't see anything wrong with my size or are bigger than me and like their size.

I joined WW one time and I did not like it, the members I met was just members and did not support each other. I joined with a neighbor once and she stopped going and started bring cookies over to my house and all types of sweats. She wanted me to fail because she failed.

I am good at trying things to loose weight; however my problem is sticking to it. The only time I stuck to weight loss was when I had a weight loss buddy who really wanted to lose weight.

I came to this board because we all have something in common. We want to loose weight and we are all going on cruises. I found that the people I have communicated with on on these boards and have meet at the M&M are great people. I want to help someone while receiving help on my weight loss journey.

Thanks for the tipss, I will attempt to try the strawberry and water. I don't have any support at home because DH like my size. I am a size 12 and DH thinks that is the perfect size. DD(16) likes junk food and she weighs 104lb,

As I recall I didn't have to watch my weight either at 16. I don't remember what my weight was back then but I know it wasn't 104 :eek:

For your ideal weight go to this web site. http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

It should help you on deciding what is best for you. A size 12 is not bad. But it depends on your high also.

PS the strawberries was only an ideal... You can find something else you like.. But I like strawberries :o

Hi Mommie! I am here if you are needing a buddy. The size is not the most important thing. My daughter has really inspired me to get on the healthy lifestyle including exercise. She has lost 50 lbs in the last year by eating healthy and working out. She is about 5'4 and weighs 140 lbs but wears size 8!

I've been on WW Online now for almost 3 months and have lost 20 lbs. I still have about 55 to go, but I'm determined to make it. This thread on CC and my WW message boards have really helped me. I quit smoking by using an online website, so if I can quit smoking after 35 years I should be able to lose weight.

I have always battled my weight and I am determined now at almost 52 yrs to get to my ideal weight and keep it. Don't forget, tomorrow is weigh in!

Hi everyone!

Here's my Monday weigh-in:

Starting Weight: 210

Last Weigh-in: 204

Current Weight: 199.5

Goal Weight: 130

I was so shocked when I got on and saw 199.5, because at the beginning of the month I had made a mini goal that I would drop below 200 for the cruise, and I just made it. Anyway, that's my pre-cruise weight. I'll be back in 9 days with my (probably higher) post-cruise weight.

Well I'm here to weight in. I wasn't that good this week. I eat to many carbs. I can't do that. I'm going to have to cut back on the carbs. I thought I could do that as long as a watched the portions.. Well it doesn't work. So I guess pasta and rice and the few cookies I had. Will have to wait.

But I did get my exercise in. I did 40 minutes everyday on my ellipitcal. And I did about 50 set ups and about 30 push ups everyday also.

Start weight 131.5

Current weight 130

Goal weight 115-117

Archived