Need a buddy for weight loss

[quote name=wernew2cruising;14702205

I see you are a carnival cruiser. What are they like? I keep hearing things like they are for a younger crowd' date=' party ships etc. I have been on RCI, Disney and Princess. How do you think Carnival compares to those. Although, I have to say, I have heard Carnival has awesome food.(right now though that can't be a plus..it needs to be the worst food on the planet. :D )[/quote]

Welcome zibbster.

Wernew2cruising, I cruise Carnival a lot also. So far they are my favorite. I don't consider them anymore a "Party" ship then Royal Caribbean. I have only been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean & Celebrity.. I would compare Carnival and Royal Caribbean to be the same in service.

As for Carnival being the party ship and for younger people. I think that is changing.. Carnival deals with Families and older people do cruise them. I have seen ages range from 6 months-80's on there ships.. You probably will get more of the part crowd and younger people on the 4 and 5 day cruises.. But it's no different then Royal Caribbean..

We do a lot of 4 and 5 day cruises. I have never seen people falling down drunk on the ships all day long.. So there not the party boats that they probably were years ago when the cruise line 1st started out.

I hope that helps....

Now back to my weight in. I did lose weight this week.. Which I"m happy about. :) I lost .7 pounds this week.

Start weight 131.5

Current weight 129.2

Goal Weight 115.

Cindy, great quote this week, I love it!

Z, welcome! Glad to have you join in, the more the merrier..... I've cruised Carnival once and had a great time and I am no where near the "party" age! I also have to agree that the food seem pretty good, especially the restaurant Davids. Service in the specialty restaurant was excellent. Since, we will most always sail on Princess, they seem to have the best repeat cruiser program although I love to sail Disney, their service is best of the three I've sailed on. We'll take a quick Disney 3 day cruise just to get away since we live so close to the port.

Hope everyone has a great week! Mary

SW - 236

CW - 202

Goal - 145

Goooooood Morning all!!!

Well, the scale didn't like me as much this week as it did last. Oh well..It still liked me.

SW 184

CW 174

GW 138

Down 1 pound. But a pound is a pound. I will just remember my quote this week and keep on going. :) Also, the good thing is my BMI is really down. That is the best thing.

Does anyone else find that weekends are the hardest? It is almost like I hate them now. Not really but food wise I do.

Starting Weight: 210

Last Weigh-in: 205

Current Weight: 204

Goal: 130

This will be my last weigh-in for 2 Mondays, because I will be on my 9-day cruise. Heh, the weight I'll probably be when I return! :)

Starting Weight: 210

Last Weigh-in: 205

Current Weight: 204

Goal: 130

This will be my last weigh-in for 2 Mondays, because I will be on my 9-day cruise. Heh, the weight I'll probably be when I return! :)

Have a fabulous time. Can I stow away? ;)

Seriously, I will be anxious to see how you did with the weight. I never use the elevator so I think that is why I do okay when I cruise.

Think of all of us while you are sitting on the deck after you have fought through the chair hogs, sipping that drink that is brought right to you!

Sabrina...I saw your story and what a beautiful one it is. You are very fortunate to have found someone like Brett and he you. You brought tears to my eyes.

I see you are a carnival cruiser. What are they like? I keep hearing things like they are for a younger crowd, party ships etc. I have been on RCI, Disney and Princess. How do you think Carnival compares to those. Although, I have to say, I have heard Carnival has awesome food.(right now though that can't be a plus..it needs to be the worst food on the planet. :D

I love cruising with carnival, but its all I know so I can't compare it to much! I've been told they can compare to RCI, they just don't have any massive ships like RCI. If you want to party you can find one somewhere I'm sure, but I would not call it a "party" ship at all. Except when I went in March a few too many sprin breakers for my liking! The food is really good I think, but its about the only time I ever eat food quite that fancy its usually more like Apple bees style for me. The buffet is nothing to jumo up and down about though! I would Love to cruise Disney sometime whats that like?

SW202

CW192.5

GW130

Goooooood Morning all!!!

Down 1 pound. But a pound is a pound. I will just remember my quote this week and keep on going. :) Also, the good thing is my BMI is really down. That is the best thing.

Does anyone else find that weekends are the hardest? It is almost like I hate them now. Not really but food wise I do.

A pound is VERY good! Just think of a 4 stick pound of butter and you lost that! A pound is way more than people give credit sometimes!

Hey everybody!

Looks like everyone had a pretty good week. It's great to see all of your hard work. It really keeps me motivated!

I really hate the weekends too!!! Ok. I love weekends, but I hate the fact that I can do really well all week, step on the scale friday and be soooo excited, but then when I step on it monday it not nearly as good. I think it has to do with the fact that during the week I have planned meals and cook most of them. On the weekends we eat out some, and although I make smart choices and try not to over-indulge, the scale creeps up. It must be the extra sodium and stuff in restaurant food that makes me retain water.

Here's my stats for the Monday weigh in.

Lee Ann

Start: 255

Current 141.6

Goal: 135

Have a fabulous time. Can I stow away? ;)

Seriously, I will be anxious to see how you did with the weight. I never use the elevator so I think that is why I do okay when I cruise.

Think of all of us while you are sitting on the deck after you have fought through the chair hogs, sipping that drink that is brought right to you!

Sabrina...I saw your story and what a beautiful one it is. You are very fortunate to have found someone like Brett and he you. You brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you, Cindy! :)

I will definitely take your advice about taking the stairs. It's sounds like nothing, but when you're out and about so much on the ship, it really does make a difference.

I also found that since being on the diet, I get full much quicker, so I'm going to stop myself when I'm satisfied, not when I'm busting at the seams. I still have one week to lose some weight, and then Monday morning before I leave will be my official pre-cruise weight :)

I would Love to cruise Disney sometime whats that like?

Disney is the best. They treat you like royalty. Their disembarkation can't be beat. The shows are broadway quality. It was the best. The food, it is the same as the others. I do have to say though, their buffet sucks. We ate their once and that was enough...stuck to the dining room for all meals.

Their speciality restaraunt is really good. We only ate there for brunch and it was only a $10 surcharge.

They stick to the rules..if it says adults only then they mean that.

Too bad they cost so much or we would do them more. Too bad I don't live in FL I would be taking advantage of those resident discounts they have.

Disney is the best. They treat you like royalty. Their disembarkation can't be beat. The shows are broadway quality. It was the best. The food, it is the same as the others. I do have to say though, their buffet sucks. We ate their once and that was enough...stuck to the dining room for all meals.

Their speciality restaraunt is really good. We only ate there for brunch and it was only a $10 surcharge.

They stick to the rules..if it says adults only then they mean that.

Too bad they cost so much or we would do them more. Too bad I don't live in FL I would be taking advantage of those resident discounts they have.

I guess its me, but there resident "discounts" aren't that much.. Plus being down the road from Disney,well an hour and half. I go for a day and I'm good for a few years... SO being on a 7 Day cruise with a Disney theme. I'm not sure how much of that I could take.. Plus their prices are twice to three times most cruises.. Not worth it for us..

But as for staying on course with your diet on the cruise. Its not hard to do. I did that a few cruises back. I eat half of what was on my plate. Never was stuffed at all. And still enjoyed my self with eating what I wanted.. Only gain a pound.. I"m also pround of my self when I do that.. But have slipped a few times on not doing that..:( And so I'm normally made at my self..

Have fun..

Sabrina, have a great time on your upcoming cruise!

Our cruise for this year is going to be 14 days and I can't wait. I usually do really good and don't gain more than a couple of pounds. I'm going to have to be really cautious on this one though. More sea days so that means fewer shore excursions to work things off. I do enjoy going to the gym onboard and using the treadmill. Yesterday I tried the new eliptical machine we got a couple of months ago. Boy, now that's a workout! I could only go about 5 minutes and it wore me out, but now I have something new to workout on when it gets too hot to walk outside or if it's raining. No excuses anymore that I can't get exercise.

Sabrina, have a great time on your upcoming cruise!

Our cruise for this year is going to be 14 days and I can't wait. I usually do really good and don't gain more than a couple of pounds. I'm going to have to be really cautious on this one though. More sea days so that means fewer shore excursions to work things off. I do enjoy going to the gym onboard and using the treadmill. Yesterday I tried the new eliptical machine we got a couple of months ago. Boy, now that's a workout! I could only go about 5 minutes and it wore me out, but now I have something new to workout on when it gets too hot to walk outside or if it's raining. No excuses anymore that I can't get exercise.

Are you doing a transatlantic?

Right now I am just starting to get back to exercising regularly and healthier eating and portion control. The only thing I really want to eliminate are sodas because I am the type that if I totally cut out something I want it even more.. I can't really cut back too much because I am breastfeeding. I can definitely eat healthier though. We eat out a lot too which I want to cut back on. I have 6 months so I would be quite happy with 1 pound a week..

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Well I did my ellpticle machine for 35 minutes and went almost 8 miles.. :D I'm happy about that. I'm also doing set ups and push ups. And I'm pretty good for breakfast. I don't eat a lot there and really do need any thing to eat until lunch. If I do have something I'll eat around 11am. I may have a few cookies then.. Then lunch its to bad. But still having a bit of a hard time for dinner. I'm not watching what I eat as much then.. So I have to work on that part better.

I'm not trying to restrict what I eat. But watch the portion and listen to my body more when I'm not hungry anymore.. So I don't know what my weight will be like on Monday.

mommiejaxx I feel your pain on the coke.. The lasted year or so I have been trying to quite drinking it all together.. I'm getting better but then there are times that I just don't care.. And started back to it.. So hopefully I'll stop drinking it all together this year..

I used to drink a lot of soda, too. The way I was able to cut down(now I drink maybe 1 per week) was I made myself drink 8 glasses of water through the day before I could have a soda. Kind of a reward for drinking all my water. I found when I started drinking that much water I didn't crave the soda anymore. Another thing is if you don't like diet soda, try coke zero, it tastes more like regular coke, but no calories!

:)

Archived