Alaska July 2

Hi, I Am New To This But I Have A Question, We Are Going To Alaska On July 2, 2008 On Regent. We Have Never Been On This Ship Or Cruise Line Before, We Have Been On Royal Carribean And Princess, Which I Like The Rooms And Food Better On Royal, Can Anyone Tell Me Can You Let Regent Know Ahead Of Time What Drinks You Want In Your Room, And Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Beer They Serve On The Ship, Also I Am Assuming That The Rooms Will Be Nicer Than The One I Was Just On, The Crown Princess.

Thank You For Any Information

Vicki

Hi, I Am New To This But I Have A Question, We Are Going To Alaska On July 2, 2008 On Regent. We Have Never Been On This Ship Or Cruise Line Before, We Have Been On Royal Carribean And Princess, Which I Like The Rooms And Food Better On Royal, Can Anyone Tell Me Can You Let Regent Know Ahead Of Time What Drinks You Want In Your Room, And Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Beer They Serve On The Ship, Also I Am Assuming That The Rooms Will Be Nicer Than The One I Was Just On, The Crown Princess.

Thank You For Any Information

Vicki

I'm excited for you -- going on Regent will be a wonderful experience for you. There is no comparison between Regent and Royal Carribean and Princess. Regent is in the luxury category, and, rightfully so. Their "regular" suites/cabins are the largest of any cruise line (even though the Mariner is a bit smaller than the other two Regent ships). As you know, all of the suites have balconies and are all-inclusive. Shortly after you arrive in your suite, your stewardess will give you a list of alcohol (the refrigerator is already stocked with some beer, soft drinks, etc). You can order this ahead if you are in a Penthouse suite or above -- however, ordering in advance is not a big deal. I don't recall the beer choices (concentrating too much on Chopin chocolate martini's).

If you board the ship around lunch time, you can have lunch and order almost any drink that you wish. Around 2:30 p.m. you will be able to go to your suite.

While I am sure that the Crown Princess is a lovely ship (way too many people) -- there is no doubt in my mind that you'll find this your best cruise ever!!!!!

I'm a beer drinker myself and always have MGD or Heineken on ship. I know they have a variety of imports but couldn't tell you what ones, or their other domestic beers. You will absolutely love the Mariner!!!!!!!!!!! First time I tried Regent, I was hooked. Will be on my 7th this June, also to Alaska. I hope you write a review!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides Heineken, I've had Bud and Bud Light in my mini bar. Just request what you want and the bar steward will do their best to accomodate. I know you will have a wonderful cruise on Regent. We were in Alaska in 06 (Mariner) and 92 (Song of Flower).

Thank You So Much For The Information, We Are Really Looking Forward To This Cruise, This Is Our First Time In Alaska, Coming From Arizona I Hope The Weather Is Good. It Will Be Nice To Get Out Of The Heat, In July. I Know We Will Love This Ship, I Thought The Royal Carribean Was Beautiful I Can't Even Imagine The Differance We Will Find. Anyway Thanks To All.

Vicki

:D Hello MikenVic - So you are from Arizona. I am from Greer, between Pinetop and Springerville. If you've been reading the threads on Alaska, Tracy Arm is a must do. Did not do last year but am this time. Get ready to be pampered and spoiled!!!!!:D

Hi Cattravel10, I Know Exactly Where Greer Is, We Have A House In Showlow, Arizona, But Our Primary House Is In Bullhead City, We Go To Showlow To Cool Off,greer Is Beautiful. I Hope To Be Spoiled. I Can't Wait

Vicki:)

Archived