ATL terminal ??

memphislonghorn

Hello, any of you who have flown Delta. I am flying MEM to ATL then to DAB. I have one hour, ten minutes between flights. Looks like I have to go from gate B29 to A15. Looking at the terminal map, it doesn't look very far. Will I have time to sit down and eat lunch? What restaurants are located near these gates?

Thanks for any info.:)

From Concourse A to Councourse B, you're right not too far. Not sure what's available on the concourse at this time, but depending on what time of day you should be able to grab something and either eat at the gate while you're waiting or take it with you. Sometimes the lines can be long and service slow at the "quick service" type places. I wouldn't count on being able to stop at a restaurant and sit down for a meal though. Also, this is also dependent on whether or not the flights are on time. You can walk from A to B or take the train.

Go from your gate to the escalators which go down to the transit tunnel. That's just past B19. Take the train, as it is almost always faster unless you are pretty good at walking. There are overhead signs that tell you how far the next concourse is (and you can make your own judgment).

At the A concourse, go up the escalator. Your gate will be on that level.

There is food available in both A and B. I would check to see which vendor you would prefer.

Maps of the terminals at ATL can be found HERE. Detailed map of Concourse A. Detailed map of Concourse B. The detailed maps list what the concessions are for each area.-

I usually eat at Fridays in ATL if I have time. But you have 1 hour between flights but remember you will start boarding 20 minutes or so before your plane leaves. Add in the time to get to your gate and no time for sit down dining. There are fast food places near the gates just pop by and grab something and take it on the plane with you.

Another thought.

Grab a hometown bar-b-que from one of the airport restaurants in Memphis and take it on the plane with you. It will be better than anything you can pick up during your brief ground time in Atlanta.

You definitely don't have time for a sit down meal and you won't get anything beyond a bag of peanuts or biscuits on your flights either.

I hope you are also aware that gates change often and be sure to check the monitors or ask the gate agents when you get off the Memphis flight.

If your gates remain the same, which I truly doubt, your transit time at a moderate clip, including train will be at least 15 minutes.

Hope all goes well for you.

Ditto the recommendation on Interstate BBQ at the "Y" in the B concourse at MEM. I missed that you were coming in from MEM - which is a great airport for food (if such a thing is possible). I wonder if the TSA restrictions on liquids has cut into their sale of BBQ sauce to go.

Thanks for all the replies. Today my flights arrive and depart from B concourse, only a few gates apart. I can only hope for that tomorrow. Believe it or not, first time I have flown in 4 years, so I am not familiar with my own airport! LOL If Interstate is open that early, a great suggestion, although not my fave BBQ joint. Next time you're in Memphis, try to find Central BBQ. Take it from a lifelong Memphian, it is the best!:cool:

Archived