Anchorage Hotel

CCName

I need a recommendation for a hotel for overnight on the way to Fairbanks. I arrive in Anchorage at 7:30 PM and the flight to Fairbanks the next morning departs at 9:00AM. I am thinking close to the airport and cheap!

Thanks,

TJ

Sheraton Anchorage (part of the Starwood memeber hotels)- just a few minutes form the airport - but I know it is used by many of the cruiselines - so depending on your dates of travel - time is of the essence is getting a reservation secured.

We have a res. there for May 24th from Cruise West.

I understand the upper-upgraded floors (> 7 are better than the lowes floors<12). I communicated with them about specific requests by e-mail over the weekend as a Starwood member and got a prompt reply.

Hope this helps.:)

I need a recommendation for a hotel for overnight on the way to Fairbanks. I arrive in Anchorage at 7:30 PM and the flight to Fairbanks the next morning departs at 9:00AM. I am thinking close to the airport and cheap!

Thanks,

TJ

I'm not sure how easy it is to find cheap, but the Holiday Inn Express is very close to the airport.

Two other hotels near the airport are the Courtyard (Marriott) and the Millenium.

The Sheraton is near downtown -- it's not that far from the airport, but it's not an "airport hotel."

There are several near the airport. The absolute closest is the West Coast Inn which is across the street from a Courtyard by Marriott. Also in the mix is the Puffin Inn, the Best Western Barratt (may now be a Quality Inn), the Holiday Inn Express and a Microtel. A bit further away is a Super 8, a Hilton Garden Inn, a Fairfield Inn, and a Hampton Inn. Check out http://www.anchorage.net for choices. For what is it worth, no hotels up here during the summer are particularly inexpensive.

Thanks one and all.

Do you know if any of the hotels have airport shuttles?

Jun - we are looking for May 24 as well.

TJ

ccname/TJ

http://www.sheratonanchoragehotel.com/index.html

Looks like the Sheraton does NOT have an airport shuttle - see link.

So ccname- which cruise are you on (if you're on one:D and I hope U R) and have you already booked your Anchorage hotel?

Cruise West booked ours long ago - we're on the Spirit of Oceanus-family of 6-but DH and I are doing the pre-cruise Denali tour first (May 21-24)then meeting up w/ the adult kids in Anchorage the night before embarkation.

We are on a Princess cruisetour and May 24th is our arrival date. We spend the night in Anchorage and then fly to Fairbanks Sunday morning. Originally we were flying all the way to Fairbanks from DFW which got us to the hotel at 1:00 AM Monday with a four hour layover in Anchorage.

Enjoy your trip!

TJ

Hi - For a quick glance I would 'hotwire' the date with hotel. You can see what/who offers shuttle too, though names aren't given. Its a start. Cabs are very easy to get to the airport if hotels don't have shuttles.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a fairly new hotel. Very close to a TGIFridays, an IHOP, a Stuart Anderson's, and the Golden Coral Buffet.

Chenega, wanted to let you know that sometime this winter, the Stuart Anderson's name came off the sign so now it's just the Cattle Company. I just googled it and find that it now comes under the Corporation Black Angus Steakhouse that was founded by Stuart Anderson, but it doesn't say that on their sign.

Susan in Anchorage :)

There are several near the airport. The absolute closest is the West Coast Inn which is across the street from a Courtyard by Marriott. Also in the mix is the Puffin Inn, the Best Western Barratt (may now be a Quality Inn), the Holiday Inn Express and a Microtel. A bit further away is a Super 8, a Hilton Garden Inn, a Fairfield Inn, and a Hampton Inn. Check out www.anchorage.net for choices. For what is it worth, no hotels up here during the summer are particularly inexpensive.

The Best Western Barratt is now the Quality Inn. I spoke to them yesterday. I have never been to Anchorage but I have free points with the choice hotels. Can anyone tell me if it is a half way decent place?

The Best Western Barratt is now the Quality Inn. I spoke to them yesterday. I have never been to Anchorage but I have free points with the choice hotels. Can anyone tell me if it is a half way decent place?

I think the Clarion Suites is also a Choice hotel, and it's more convenient for sightseeing, since it's downtown and within walking distance of restaurants, including a mall with a food court. Clarion is a half-way decent place; I have never stayed at the Barratt.

I think the Clarion Suites is also a Choice hotel, and it's more convenient for sightseeing, since it's downtown and within walking distance of restaurants, including a mall with a food court. Clarion is a half-way decent place; I have never stayed at the Barratt.

Unfortunately I don't have enough points to stay at the Clarion. Wish I did because it looks pretty nice. Hate to spend over $200 a night for a hotel. Thanks for the suggestion though:)

Archived