Casual or Formal

chefj

Are the dinners casual or dressy on the Alaskan cruise? It tends to be across the board in the Caribbean....and seems to be easier to dress up when it is warm outside:)

Also does anyone know what kind of activites are planned for At Sea days? (Princess Cruise) This is our first Alaskan cruise and we are used to pool and outdoor activites during the days. Thanks!!

Aside from formal nights do you find that more woman are wearing pants? As it stays light so late I was thinking that people would be more inclined to want to go outside again after dinner, perhaps to view some scenery.

Typically I wear a dress every night on a cruise, but I don't want to freeze outside with my legs exposed. Do woman bring longish coats to cover their legs? With the new baggage restrictions not too sure there would be room.

It is usually a mix and nobody seems to really care. I don't even own a dress and always wore nice pants and a top, even for formal (the top was just fancier). People do tend to go out for a stroll on the Promenade deck after dinner, but many people are so tired they can barely make it thru the show on port days. We had one port day last summer where people didn't even get back to the ship until right before dinner and there were a lot of guests in the dining room in jeans that night.

I would say that dresses are rare on Alaskan cruises except for a few die hearts who don't understand where they are cruising.

Most women wear some sort of pants with a nice top for formal nights.

I never dress up more than wearing a business suit that I always have along when I travel as I usually have business meetings in Alaska.

Don't let the pretty pictures in the cruise brochures fool you! They are a marketing tactic and folks who do over dress look foolish.

I'm wearing a formal both formal nights. :p . This may be the only curise I ever take. I'm not wearing what I wear at home. The other nights I'll be wearing slacks with a dressy top except for two nights when we plan on staying in port late and eating at the Windjammer buffet.

I would say that dresses are rare on Alaskan cruises except for a few die hearts who don't understand where they are cruising.

Most women wear some sort of pants with a nice top for formal nights.

I saw lots of dresses on formal nights on Princess, and I wore one, too - although I brought only one!

The Alaska cruises are more casual that the European cruises. I did wear a long skirt on the formal nights. As for your strolling on deck, remember that it's quite cold while cruising in those waters.

I seemed to always wear a long sleeve shirt and a polar fleece vest during the day. That was perfect.

We were so tired from the excursions each day, we barely could stay awake for the shows.

It is a must trip in you lifetime. We are ready to go again anytime!!!

Archived