covered aft balcony?

geejay

If you mean aft of midships, yes, they are covered. If you mean on the wake, they are only on the "corners" and the wake portion of the wraparound is exposed, while the side portion is covered, but rather small.

We are looking at category S on the Oosterdam. Any on these covered??

We have 5187 and 5186 booked for January and really arent concerned about

exposure from above. From the pictures I've seen there is some overhang from the cabins above, but as the previous poster noted, the only true cover is on the wrap around side which is about the same size as a balcony on a category a or b mini suite

The corner suites on Deck 8 are completely covered (and also direclty under the deck areas aft) .... otherwise, as stated before, there are exposed areas facing outward but the sides are completely covered (and windy!) .... We stayed in 5186 on Oosterdam and I would gladly move there as a permanent resident.

It is true that when you walk further out on your verandah directly to the aft railing you can look up and see happy passengers on the railings above ... BUT .. if it's your first morning coffee and you are sitting at a table placed near your window .. you have a bit of shade and privacy!

We hated this setup so much we booked it's opposite corner (5187) for an upcoming Westerdam cruise!:D

Cheers!

We were at a party in 8135 and the overhang was less than 2 feet.

The corner suites on Deck 8 are completely covered (and also direclty under the deck areas aft) .... otherwise, as stated before, there are exposed areas facing outward but the sides are completely covered (and windy!) .... We stayed in 5186 on Oosterdam and I would gladly move there as a permanent resident.

It is true that when you walk further out on your verandah directly to the aft railing you can look up and see happy passengers on the railings above ... BUT .. if it's your first morning coffee and you are sitting at a table placed near your window .. you have a bit of shade and privacy!

We hated this setup so much we booked it's opposite corner (5187) for an upcoming Westerdam cruise!:D

Cheers!

I have to agree with 777Steve S8135 is totally covered.We've been on the Zuiderdam 3 times so far with S suite wraparound balconies and the 4th time is coming up again in late November and while we've not stayed in S8135 mainly because its a smaller cabin and also because the balcony it totally covered we have been in S7133 which is directly below it and we could see it was covered. We've also been in 5186 and 5187 with 5187 coming up again.

Also the side portions of the wraparounds are covered and not that small either I'm guessing about 6feet by 20 feet which is pretty good.

I apologize all over the place and stand humbly corrected. :o The party we attended was in 5187. I have some photos if you want them.

We were at a party in 8135 and the overhang was less than 2 feet.

SWMICHIGAN CRUISER - we are booked in 7133 on the Westerdam for our upcoming cruise. Can you tell me what it is like? Is it well configured compared to the midship S suites? Was it noisy? Did you get any stack smoke while you were on the balcony?

This is our first time in an aft suite. I hope I don't get seasick in it. I've always avoided aft suites because of possible engine noises and because it is a less stable part of the ship, but my DH was anxious to try it and the opportunity came along, so I grabbed it.

I'm anxiously awaiting your reply.

Roberta

We liked 7133 and would book it again without hesitation. One feature alot of people like is that it is on the same floor as the Neptune Lounge. One thing to consider is that the cabin is smaller in space than the S suites on the side but the much larger balcony more than makes up for it in our opinion. 7133 is about 330 sq ft ft compared to about 396 on the side S suites. Still its a lot of space for two people you won' be crowded. I've never stayed in a side S suite so can't compare. As for noise very little because your so high up. Another great feature is there is little hallway noise because not many cabins there and people won't be walking past your cabin like they would at midship.As for motion back there is some but not much actually I kind of like the rocking motion because it reminds me were on a ship. As for smoke no but sometimes there was a little soot back on the balcony but not much and your cabin steward will clean it up if it becomes noticable. Another thing by having that cabin you will have a great view not only will you be able to look out towards the back of the ship and watch the wake but you will also have a side view. Go enjoy and have fun..Hope this helps..Bob

Archived