Galaxy photos after refurb

fiona page

Galaxy is doing a Transatlantic right now - the first cruise after it's drydock - which ends 5/19/08. So we'll just have to be patient, I guess. ;)

Can't answer you about the upgrading...

Not sure but I think it's still being refurbished..at least as of last weekend. I live in Miami, and my TA had told me that she was going to be refurbished and sure enough there she was sitting at the port in Miami (X usually goes out of Ft. Lauderdale). I can't wait to see it because we are sailing on her this summer!

As for the upgrades, I think it depends on whether or not they have availability and if your travel agent is aggressive enough. Hope this helps!

Not sure but I think it's still being refurbished..at least as of last weekend. I live in Miami, and my TA had told me that she was going to be refurbished and sure enough there she was sitting at the port in Miami (X usually goes out of Ft. Lauderdale). I can't wait to see it because we are sailing on her this summer!

As for the upgrades, I think it depends on whether or not they have availability and if your travel agent is aggressive enough. Hope this helps!

Hi, she left Miami on May 3rd (which was last weekend;) )

Hi

I've sailed Princess of late but am considering a cruise on the Galaxy this winter. The one thing holding me back was I thought the ship would be run down. What does the refurb involve? Thanks

Even before the dry dock, most of Galaxy looked great. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

In fact, I was surprised that some areas were going to be spruced up, as they looked fairly new. My understanding is that just about every public area got new chairs, sofas and carpet.

The pool area (in my opinion it was the most worn and visible part of the ship) was to be totally redone while in dry dock.

Archived