Pa Announcements

Jospen

How the excursions work:

You can book them ahead of time on the website but you are not charged for them at the time.

When you get to your cabin, the tickets for all your excursions will be on the desk or your cabin steward will hand them to you. Check them out as there could be changes (the start time for one of ours was changed on our last cruise) and also there will be a cancellation date and time listed.

If you change your mind, you'll be able to drop any unwanted tickets in a box at the shore excursions desk before the deadline. After that, your credit card will be charged.

If your port is cancelled, your tickets will be automatically taken care of. You won't need to do anything.

How the excursions work:

If your port is cancelled' date=' your tickets will be automatically taken care of. You won't need to do anything.[/quote']

But a delayed arrival can lead to a line at the shore excursion desk as in this picture.

828763216_0064_18.06LineafterlatearrivalinManausannouncedM07-10.jpg.6e61dfb54970930a656102c1db21f670.jpg

Hello All...

While the number of announcements made inside your stateroom is very limited, we could still hear every word of every annoying art auction/bingo announcement through our closed door on the Diamond. Perhaps our cabin was very near a speaker......

Rick

Some captains blow the whistle (horn) at 12Noon, just prior to the traditional noon position report.

Others don't - there does not seem to be a fleetwide standard.

Personally, I love it when they blow the whistle (horn). Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up - and if leaving a port, brings a tear to my eye.

It's a nice tradition !!

Back in January on QM2, they tested allof the whistles each sea day @ noon. There would be a bunch of us gathered at the base of the stack, waiting for the blast of steam, and the rattle and vibration of the deck!

Listening to that wonderful sound leaves a lump in my throat. :)

Archived