Navigator Port Change (May 24th Departure)

franosu

Just got word from the TA that ports have changed on this cruise. We were scheduled to go to Santorini on May 28th and Kusadasi on May 29th but Regent has reversed the ports and we will do Kusadasi on the 28th and Santorini on the 29th. Great news for us as there will be fewer ships in port and we stay longer in Santorini.

Mark & Phyllis

Regent said the change was because there were too many ships in port for them to provide a "Luxury" experience. There were four or five in Santorini and according to the new ships in port website the Navigator will be the only one in port on the new day. I think Kusadasi was crowded also and there will be fewer ships there on the new port day.

On our Greek cruise, they switched the Rhodes and Santorini days because there were going to be too many ships in port on the original days. It all worked out for the best, and I am sure that you will enjoy both ports with fewer people there.

Regent said the change was because there were too many ships in port for them to provide a "Luxury" experience. There were four or five in Santorini and according to the new ships in port website the Navigator will be the only one in port on the new day. I think Kusadasi was crowded also and there will be fewer ships there on the new port day.

I don't want to take us too far off topic, but did you say there is a website where one can check to see what ships will be in port on a given day? Thanks.

One issue on the change is that the Regent site now shows shore excursions for 5/28 and 5/29 as not available. Perhaps they are in the process of finding new tour suppliers. I hope the evening Ephesus concert is still occurring.

We scheduled our tours through Regent - so I hope they just move us to the new port day. We also scheduled the evening concert.

This is an example of one of the benefits of booking tours through the cruise line. The cruise line tours are generally more expensive but if you miss port or have a change you won't be charged by a private tour operator.

Mark & Phyllis

Archived