OK, July week long cruise, which one?

keywesst

Two adults, no kids, want nice room, want a daughter too, caribbean would be convenient. Not narrowed down enough? Don't want a stiff old timers' cruise (sorry) and want frequent stops, have a week anytime in July. Suggestions?

For frequent stops and not as many kids, look at the Southern Caribbean sailings out of San Juan on Carnival and RCCL.

I know that RCCL's Adventure of the Seas alternates itineraries every other week. One of the itineraries has 5 ports of call and only 1 sea day, and the other has 4 ports of call, and only 2 sea days.

Carnival's ship either has an itinerary that has 5 ports of call and only 1 sea day or it might have already gone to it's port of call everyday itinerary.

Two adults, no kids, want nice room, want a daughter too, caribbean would be convenient. Not narrowed down enough? Don't want a stiff old timers' cruise (sorry) and want frequent stops, have a week anytime in July. Suggestions?

You are looking at the time when kids and families cruise. So if you want a quieter time, go during school time.

If you are stuck with July, then definitely pick the Southern Carib. Altho there will be kids and families, many less than the Eastern and Western. Fly out of San Juan if you can.

As a lot of lines move most ships to Alaska and Europe in the summer, you'll have less to choose from. Celebrity would be nice if available. Princess and RCCL too. Again, you aren't going to have that many to choose from.

We are stuck for July but don't want a kids' ship. Nothing out of MIA/FLL? They are so close!

July is prime family vacation time and Florida is extremely popular. Ships out of Florida will be PACKED with kids because it is drivable and kids are out of school. Same thing with cruises out of the East Coast (NYC, Baltimore, etc).

Ahem, we are trying to have a baby.

We are stuck for July but don't want a kids' ship. Nothing out of MIA/FLL? They are so close!

This is absolutely none of my business :eek: , but if you can't cruise in the summer (July) because there are too many children maybe you should rethink what you're doing :confused: ?

Putting on my flameproof suit now :D !

This is absolutely none of my business :eek: , but if you can't cruise in the summer (July) because there are too many children maybe you should rethink what you're doing :confused: ?

Putting on my flameproof suit now :D !

I agree.

Since you are in Fla, the flight to San Juan would be reasonable. I still say go out of San Juan if you want to cruise. Stay away from the east and west itineraries.:eek:

Other option would be a beautiful all inclusive adults only resort. Maybe Dominican Republic's "Secrets Excellance" Or the Riviera Maya in Mexico has 2 beautiful Secrets resorts.

I understand your comment re no kids. You want the romantic holiday before you have a family to think about first. There's nothing wrong with that. Enjoy it while you can. :D

Archived