Contacting Celebrity

MacThespian

Another family is travelling with us to Alaska next year (2009), so we made reservations through our respective travel agents. We booked three staterooms (one for each adult couple, and one for our kids). Initially, I was only interested in adding the reservation for my wife and myself to "My Celebrity." I couldn't do this online; first I got an error message indicating that I had input an invalid reservation number (I called Celebrity, and they said it was correct; they were able to pull up all information about it), then when I put it in without the leading zero, I got an "Internal Error" message. I called Celebrity's Captain's Club, who couldn't help me; they sent me to a web help line, who sent me to a reservation agent, who sent me back to the Captain's Club. At this point, I got an agent who knew what she was doing and who was able to get my reservation available in "My Celebrity."

At this point, we learned that we had to have an adult listed in the cabin with the three kids, so my travel agent switched my wife's name with my daughter's name. This "took," and "my" reservation now shows my daughter and myself.

We then tried to add my wife's reservation to her "My Celebrity," and got even more of a run-around. I called the Captain's Club first, but they got the same "Internal Error." They sent me to the web help desk, but I was told that I had been connected to "the Royal side," so they switched me over to Celebrity--but to a regular Celebrity reservation agent. The agent told me I shouldn't be using "My Celebrity" for online checkin, but I again told her I wasn't interested in checking in over a year early, I just wanted to get the reservation posted to "My Celebrity." She then transferred me back to the Captain's Club. The person who answered the phone this time said that they had been having trouble with the web site, and that it wasn't accepting any information at this point, and that I should try back later. When I asked her if she had any idea when the problem would be corrected, I was told, "It could be tomorrow or it could be six months from now."

I realize that the people who answer the phones for RCCL/X aren't necessarily the best-trained in the world, but I'm getting really irritated. Does anyone have any suggestions as to my next step? There doesn't seem to be any customer service number on the web site. Is my next step to contact Mr. Hanrahan (President and CEO of X), or would anyone advise another, intermediate step?

Thanks.

It sounds like you may ave a "linked" booking, with the relatinship between yourself and your friends being noted. This seems to ause some occasional glitch in Celebrity's system. Try getting to your reservation throught he "on line check in" tab, rather than the "my reservations" tab. I have an upcoming back-to-back, where the two reservations are linked, and this was the only work around.

Harris

Denver, CO

Hello !

I had a similar problem with a booking last year. Despite at least 25 phone calls and emails with Celebrity, they were never able to get the booking to show up My Celebrity. Fortunately, this only happened 1 time, but when it does... its a big pain in the neck.

Basically, you have 2 options :

1. Accept the fact that it may never show up in My Celebrity.

2. Cancel the booking, and rebook. This will create a new booking number, which should work. The only problem is, the price could change, and you could lose your cabin etc, so be VERY careful if you do this. Personally speaking, I would choose option 1.

I truly do not think that calling everyone at Celebrity and/or getting in touch with Mr Hanrahan will solve the problem. Good luck !

It sounds like you may ave a "linked" booking, with the relatinship between yourself and your friends being noted. This seems to ause some occasional glitch in Celebrity's system. Try getting to your reservation throught he "on line check in" tab, rather than the "my reservations" tab. I have an upcoming back-to-back, where the two reservations are linked, and this was the only work around.

Harris

Denver, CO

Yes, we do have a linked booking--"my" cabin to the one with my wife and two children. I'll try your suggestion; thanks.

Hello !

I had a similar problem with a booking last year. Despite at least 25 phone calls and emails with Celebrity, they were never able to get the booking to show up My Celebrity. Fortunately, this only happened 1 time, but when it does... its a big pain in the neck.

Basically, you have 2 options :

1. Accept the fact that it may never show up in My Celebrity.

2. Cancel the booking, and rebook. This will create a new booking number, which should work. The only problem is, the price could change, and you could lose your cabin etc, so be VERY careful if you do this. Personally speaking, I would choose option 1.

I truly do not think that calling everyone at Celebrity and/or getting in touch with Mr Hanrahan will solve the problem. Good luck !

Thanks for your advice.

I'm not going to rebook, for the reasons you mention--in particular, I chose a specific cabin, and don't want to lose it.

I can't figure out why they could (finally) get my first reservation to show, but can't get my wife's to show. But more important (in terms of customer service) is that last comment: "It could be tomorrow or six months from now."

Obviously, it can be done (per my reservation). Just as obviously, very few people know how to do this. If they can't handle it, they shouldn't just keep forwarding me to another department.

I like cruising Celebrity, but their online system stinks.

It's a problem they have been having for quite some time. It something the web designer has not been able to correct. I have had similar problems with different bookings only to try again in a month or so and have it take. At this time all my bookings are there and I'm happy.

Try every now and then and home for the best.

It's a problem they have been having for quite some time. It something the web designer has not been able to correct. I have had similar problems with different bookings only to try again in a month or so and have it take. At this time all my bookings are there and I'm happy.

Try every now and then and home for the best.

Thanks. I'll keep trying.

Harris

Denver, CO

This is really weird. We tried getting in through the "Online Checkin" tab as you suggested, and had no problem viewing the reservation (after entering the same details--reservation number, last name, ship, and date of sailing). But when I tried to get in under "My Reservations," it showed no reservation, and came up with the same "Internal Error" message. I don't get it.

But at least now I know how I can check things out online. Thanks for the tip.

Archived